Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Z10

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

Mine is AIR app.

Initial Submission: Feb 2, 2011

Approved on: Mar 18, 2011

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leader of Ljubljana BlackBerry Developer Group
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Well my air app, submitted March 1st was just tested but not accepted because the icon wasn't displaying. Very strange because it worked fine on the simulator. The only thing I could think to do was remove all the icons from my app xml (128x128, 72x72, etc) and just leave the 86x86 in the blackberry-tablet.xml. Does anyone think this will work?

Also my advice to people who have been waiting a long time to get their app accepted is to submit updated versions, with any fixes you can think of and freshly signed with the new sdk. Thats what I did and the next morning (less than 12 hours) I got the response from BB.

My Device: Not Specified

I don't have an icon specified anywhere in my XML files, I just created a 86x86 PNG titled "blackberry-tablet-icon.png" and placed that in my source folder, and the simulator automatically detected it. 

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

[ Edited ]

Oh. Thanks for that jaxbot, I think I'll do that right now and re-submit again.

Edit: Now that I look at it again I think my app has actually been approved! I thought that they just approved the first one so they could test the second but it seems like it was only the second release that was rejected. Now I can't wait for the playbook offer email!

Had my second AIR app approved yesterday (this one had been waiting in testing since mid Feb), compiled and signed using 0.9.3.  However they sent an additional note:

Items that need attention:

- Please upload using the newest 0.9.4 SDK
Visit http://us.blackberry.com/developers/ to download the latest SDK v0.9.4 which includes some important updates, Please submit your signed release updates using this latest SDK version so we may continue to vet them to ensure they are ready for our upcoming PlayBook launch.

I wonder if this is why there seems to have been a delay on AIR approvals?

Rufus.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@RufusA, I don't quite follow your logic there.  

The 0.9.4 release wasn't ready until recently, yet they continued to approve (some) 0.9.3 and earlier builds during the time until it was.  

And they didn't delay your approval, they merely asked you to re-submit after a rebuild.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor

Hmmm.  I've been using a 90x90 icon.  It has been nearly three months since I first built my app and icon but I read somewhere that was the size to use.    It works fine in the simulator.  Anyone else want to comment on this?  Could my app be displaying no icon on whatever the test team is using?

Garnet

Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

I was using 200x200 size icon and it was looking fine on the simulator ..but was told it doesnt display on the playbook..so have to resize it to 86x86 :smileyhappy:

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

gulrich666 wrote:

Hmmm.  I've been using a 90x90 icon.  It has been nearly three months since I first built my app and icon but I read somewhere that was the size to use.    It works fine in the simulator.  Anyone else want to comment on this?  Could my app be displaying no icon on whatever the test team is using?

Garnet, the 90x90 was the original recommendation but it was changed with the release of, I believe, the 0.9.2 SDK in January.

Since then, the UI Guidelines on application icons have said 86x86, with a rather perplexing suggestion to "keep the main graphical elements of the icon within a 77-by-77 area, which allows for a buffer zone".  (So, would that mean 4.5 pixels on all sides, or is it slightly offset?)

That said, 90x90 will still appear, according to posts in this forum, and I'm quite sure your app would not actually be rejected because of your use of that, though it might get approved with a request to resubmit with some changes, as others have seen.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Contributor

Thank you Peter.  I appreciate your comments.

I also found those app guidelines after my last post.  So I went and resized my icons to 86x86 and have also recompiled with 0.9.4.  So now my experiment is to see if this gets my app approved faster.  Hey, after 2.5 months waiting on test house I'm game to try anything.  Too bad the approval process is such a black box.  Who knows, maybe there is something else wrong with my app?  I can only guess.

Garnet