Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

rom	BlackBerry App World <blackberryappworldnotifications@rim.com>
to	Me
date	Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 12:43 PM
subject	***BlackBerry App World Notification - File Release Approved ***
hide details Apr 4 (6 days ago)
Dear App World Vendor, 

Research In Motion is pleased to inform you that release '1.0' of your product 'Killer Super Duper App' has been approved. 

Regards, 

The BlackBerry App World™ Team 

from	BlackBerry App World <blackberryappworldnotifications@rim.com>
to	Me
date	Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 12:43 PM
subject	***BlackBerry App World Notification - Product Approval ***
hide details Apr 4 (6 days ago)
Dear App World Vendor, 

Research In Motion is pleased to inform you that your product 'Killer Super Duper App' is approved and ready to be provisioned for BlackBerry App World. We encourage you to login to BlackBerry App World and click the 'Post for sale' link for the approved product in http://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal/, to ensure your product is available in the catalog for BlackBerry App World. Please keep in mind it can take up to 24 hours before your app has propagated into our system. 

Regards, 

You should typically get the above two emails when the app is approved. Some of you may get a different variation of the second email asking you to holdoff on the posting part or get an email asking you to fix some issues..

Here's an example of the email asking you to correct something wrong with the app..

from	BlackBerry App World <blackberryappworldnotifications@rim.com>
to	Me
date	Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 10:42 AM
subject	***BlackBerry App World Notification - Product Approval ***
hide details Mar 17
Dear App World Vendor,

Congratulations!! Research In Motion is pleased to inform you that your product app for BlackBerry PlayBook is now approved. Currently your application is in an ‘Approved’ state within the vendor portal, please correct the following in order for us to have it ready for launch (TBA):

Items that need attention:

-no icon after installing application, please make sure the icon size is 86x86

We look forward to working with you on our exciting BlackBerry PlayBook launch. When you have made the above corrections please reply back to blackberryappworldrequests@rim.com or hit reply, ensure that you mark the email ATTN: Jason

Regards;

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I'm starting to get nervous.  I originally submitted my app on March 13th but I received a rejection notice on March 25th because I used an older SDK to compile it.  I resubmitted a new version of the app (using the latest SDK) on March 29th.  I received a "submission receipt" email but haven't heard anything since then.  I saw a Playbook in action at the RIM Developer Conference in Toronto and I really, really want one.  Hopefully, my app will get approved soon as I want to be the cool guy in the office with the new gadget!  

Developer
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

My app is still Pending Review.  Man Sad

I guess we'll see when we see.

My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Still pending review over here too. They seem to have slowed down lately. Eight days to launch.
Developer
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: AT&T

App approved Friday, Playbook offer email this morning. Yipee!

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

Keep your chin up!  There is momentum in the test house.  I submitted my app on March 5.  On March 7 it's status was changed to "Pending Content Review" where it sat since.  I was getting nervous because the submission deadline had passed, but was told that I'd be OK since the app had been submitted before the deadline.  Then I became anxious because I had no feedback and the launch was coming up.  If there were changes to be made, I wanted enough time to do so, re-release, and have it available for launch.

Well...

Lo and behold, I received two emails today.

SUBJECT:***BlackBerry App World Notification - File Release Approved ***
Dear App World Vendor,

Research In Motion is pleased to inform you that release '1.0.1' of your product 'Barry Black' has been approved.

Regards,

Followed by:

SUBJECT:***BlackBerry App World Notification - Product Approval ***
Dear App World Vendor,

Research In Motion is pleased to inform you that your product 'Barry Black' is approved and ready to be provisioned for BlackBerry App World. We encourage you to login to BlackBerry App World and click the 'Post for sale' link for the approved product in http://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal/, to ensure your product is available in the catalog for BlackBerry App World. Please keep in mind it can take up to 24 hours before your app has propagated into our system.

Regards,

I'm now eagerly awaiting my "Free Playbook email" which, thanks to all the previous posts here, should be in the next couple of days.

Does anyone have any idea what is going to be involved when version 1.0 of the SDK is released? 

Contributor
My Device: None
My Carrier: Developer

My App got appoved today.

App submitted (First release): 03/29/2011

Testhouse: 03/30/2011

Approval: 04/11/2011

Now waiting for the playbook mail and a release date for germany.

Developer
My Device: (BlackBerry Z10)-> Q10/Passport Dual Use

It's a good confidence booster to see fellow developers getting their apps approved. I can't wait to get a hold of the two BlackBerry PlayBook I pre-ordered.

#awesome

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

jffurlan wrote:
No worries. Afraid you missed it?

Just really anxious... reading all of these success stories, and checking my email so many times a day, waiting for that email.... I was worried that my mail deleted it from spamSmiley Happy

Thanks!

New Developer
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

I just got my final release of my fourth app approved. I submitted it on March 22, and it sat in a 'New' state until today. Now I know they were trying to go in order of date, according to what Mike Kirkup stated at the Toronto Developer Conference, but I'm assuming they do still get a bit out of order, considering others who have submitted at around that time have said they have heard nothign yet, while others who submitted more recently have been approved.

All it means is that everyone needs to just hang in there a bit longer. Hopefully we're almost at the end of this amazingly crazy journey we have all gone on. I hope people will continue to creating amazing apps for this awesome device, and not stop once they get an approval and free PlayBook.

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda