03-15-2011 12:31 AM
I don't think its a matter of having big problems with your app thats causing the delay. My app took 7 weeks to be approved and I was not told of a single problem or issue with it. I just think they have a strange way of going through them and prioritizing (obviously they are not going by a FIFO method).
03-15-2011 12:58 AM
I'd be HIGHLY surprised if RIM would reject apps and therefore not award the free playbook offer because of something that could actually have been fixed had the problem been communicated back earlier. They'd get burned at the stake on many developer blogs and it would be a huge PR nightmare.
So really, i wouldn't worry about that scenario happening. In the grand scheme of things, a few devices more or less is really not a big deal to a large corporation and surely not worth the bad publicity.
03-15-2011 01:06 AM
@peter9477 - My bad on the deadline thing. I missed that entry in the Playbook FAQ post by MSohm about the submitted/approved issue. And you better explained my current concern - what happens if the Test House rejects the app for some reason either right before or after the deadline?
@killerspaz - while the Terms and Conditions say that you have to submit before the deadline (3.5) to be considered, it also states that to be eligible the app has to be approved and deemed eligible by RIM (3.3). And the offer period is clearly spelled out (Section 1). Its a bit unclear as to whether approval after the offer period expires counts, so the FAQ question I missed is what I was looking for.
So my nerves are quite a bit settled now.
But this illustrates some of my problems with how information sharing is currently setup right now. No offense to any of the posters here, but unless the information in the forum is coming from RIM or one of their people, I take it with a grain of salt. But these forums are the best place for up to date information, and the official website sometimes contradicts the information in the forums.
As a developer who just got the opportunity to take one of my java "toys" that I wrote for BB OS and try and tackle the port a few short weeks ago, there is a lot of information for me to wade through in a short amount of time, some of it contradictory. Heck, this thread is 109 pages long now.
Anyway, I know its 100% a symptom of the launch of a new platform and development tool set. But it leads to a lot of confusion.
03-15-2011 02:08 AM
I'd be HIGHLY surprised if RIM would reject apps and therefore not award the free playbook offer because of something that could actually have been fixed had the problem been communicated back earlier.
Well, I'd like to believe that would be the case. Unfortunatey the only relevant communication from RIM that I have to go on is this line from the "Success! You've completed the first step..." email:
If you receive notice that your app has not been accepted, don’t give up. You have the opportunity to modify and resubmit that app for approval before the close of this offer.
Seems to me there's a distinct possibility they intend to restrict resubmissions in some fashion, and at least for now I still feel a lot like there's a window of opportunity (to fix possible problems) that's rapidly closing on some of us here.
03-15-2011 02:27 AM
Not quite an approval, but celebrations are in order -- I finally submitted my first for review! Have enjoyed watching this thread throughout.
03-15-2011 10:18 AM
So one of my app is a complete rewrite of one of my WebOS apps. Last night I finished backporting it to WebOS so I pushed a 2.0 version to the WebOS app store.
This morning when I woke up it was available in the WebOS app store...
03-15-2011 11:14 AM
Here's what my results were:
App Submitted: March 6
App Received: March 8
App Approved: March 11
PlayBook reqeuesting address email: March 15
I have a question though...the PlayBook address email asks me to fill out an address. But I'll be moving on April 15, which I think is around the launch date. Where should I send it to?
I have an overalp of 15 days from April 15 to April 30, between my current address and my new address (i.e. my current lease ends on Apr 30 and new one begins on April 15)...
What do I do?
03-15-2011 11:17 AM
03-15-2011 11:18 AM
@gpatton, beg a friend you can trust to send it there
Man, that's gotta be rough!
So wow.. only 5 days... I submitted one for a client on the 10th, today marks 5 days.. let's see what happens (Althought my hopes are not up)
03-15-2011 11:28 AM - edited 03-15-2011 11:34 AM
@Wailord and killerspaz
Any idea when the "expiration" of that address request is? I was thinking of delaying it until the end of March to get a better idea of where they can send it. If I can delay sending them the address then maybe until April 15, then I know for a fact, that I'll get it to my address.
All my friends are graduating this year, and leaving for home
Sucks being a university kid. Otherwise I would have sent it to them!
thanks anyways....and good luck to you guys!