Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
killerspaz
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

So I assume now that 0.9.4 is out, we must all repackage our apps with permissions?

For example, I use sound, and apparently that's a permission... Or would the runtime be smart enough to know that the SDK version I'm using doesn't require the permission types?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joestyer

The Tablet SDK v. 0.9.4 download is corrupt for some mirrors and they are working on a  fixed version now. It appears to be for Windows. Just some FYI

Playbookdaily.com
BlackBerrySites.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

The runtime might be smart enough but it might depend on whether or not RIM wants your apps accessing certain api's without granted permission. They may require that all apps be submitted under the new sdk for launch (whenever that is).

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheMarco
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB

My .bar didn't run at all on the new SDK. Maybe this is why nobody gets their WebWorks app approved? I recompiled and am now stuck with crazy issues like random app restarts the whole app being 'draggable'. No clue yet how I'm going to deal with that...

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joestyer

The Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4 corruption issue has been resolved.

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/adobe.jsp

Playbookdaily.com
BlackBerrySites.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

@marco: make sure you are running both the new SDK and Simulator (0.9.4). Verify that both are in fact in use and not a previous version.

http://us.blackberry.com/developers/tablet/webworks.jsp

good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheMarco

JRab unfortunately that's not it. I uninstalled the 0.9.3 SDK, then installed the 0.9.4 one and the simulator. Still I have this mess.

If you have no problems with your apps, would you mind trying out my .bar file and see if you get the same behavior or not? It will save me tons of time if I know whether it's my code or my environment that's at fault... If you're ok with that please PM me an email to send a bar to...

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

hey marco,

if its an AIR app i can do it for you no problem, but if its a webworks app im not sure how helpful i can be. ive never packaged or deployed using it and dont have the SDK for it.

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheMarco

Hmm ok yes it's WebWorks. Guess that's not gonna work then. Thanks though :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gulrich666

[ Edited ]

OK, I'm getting worried that I've done something stupid.  I submitted my simple but functional app on December 27.  It is basically like the toy we had as kids where you push coloured translucent plastic pegs into a template which is backlit with a light bulb thusly illuminating the pegs.  I'm not going to mention the original name of the toy nor did I mention anything like it in my app or description (I called it Lots o' Dots).  My kids play tested it and find it fun to draw shapes and it even remembers the state of the board between runs (advanced actionscript for me).

Last Monday I signed, tested on the new simulator and uploaded the new version.  Now I have "Manage Tickets" looking like this (condensed version):

Waiting on Test House  |  Mar 8 | Mar 10 | me@me.com | Ticket Type: Release Approval Request Releases: 1.0.4

Waiting on Test House  |  Dec 27 | Dec 29 | me@me.com | Ticket Type: Content Approval Request, Release Approval Request  Releases: 1.0

Closed | Dec 18 | Dec 24 | me@me.com | Ticket Type: Vendor Approval Request

Is this the normal state for an app to be waiting in?  From everything I read here, it sounds like it but now with only 2 weeks to go I'm worried that I've messed something up.  My app has never crashed or demonstrated any bugs the last 20 or so times I ran it and the signed version seems to work just fine as well.

One more thing, under "Manage Products"  it shows (condensed again):

Release 1.0.4 (Under Review)

LotsoDots_signed  Tablet  1.0.0 1 1

Release 1.0 (Under Review)

Lots of Dots - English (en)  Tablet 1.0.0 1 1

Those 1.0.0 entries are in the "Min OS" column.

If I can't get a free playbook for some reason, can I at least get a trophy for the longest waiting for the test house (since Dec 27)?  Is there a support address to check on these things?  I can't believe that anyone would develop for RIM devices if it takes a non-deterministic time to get the app approved.  Can you imagine if I were a business that had spent a few hundred thousand developing an app?  I'd have a stroke!

Any help, confirmation, suggestions or "sit tight" will be appreciated.

Garnet

Please use plain text.