Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
witmen
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

Harry_Dodgson wrote:

Here is the next step:

Congratulations!

We’re pleased to inform you that your app submission qualifies for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer. To receive your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, there is one additional requirement. Please complete the shipping information requested here.  We appreciate your patience, as tablets will ship as soon as they are ready and commercially available in your region.

In order to be made available for download in BlackBerry App World, all apps must go through a “signing” process. We’ll let you know when the code-signing system is available and explain how to resubmit your app to BlackBerry App World.

You’ll receive notification when your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is about to ship. Thanks for the time and effort you’ve invested in creating an app and participating in this offer. Good luck in your app development pursuits!

Harry

How many days between the approval email and this email?

Please use plain text.
Developer
ddluk
My Device: Z10 and Z30
My Carrier: Play and Plus

Ok. I've got the same email now :smileyhappy: 

Congratulations!

We’re pleased to inform you that your app submission qualifies for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer. To receive your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, there is one additional requirement. Please complete the shipping information requested here.  We appreciate your patience, as tablets will ship as soon as they are ready and commercially available in your region.

In order to be made available for download in BlackBerry App World, all apps must go through a “signing” process. We’ll let you know when the code-signing system is available and explain how to resubmit your app to BlackBerry App World.

You’ll receive notification when your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is about to ship. Thanks for the time and effort you’ve invested in creating an app and participating in this offer. Good luck in your app development pursuits!

Warm regards,

The BlackBerry Developer Program Team

Please use plain text.
Developer
Harry_Dodgson
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

witmen wrote:

Harry_Dodgson wrote:

Here is the next step:

[snip]

Harry

How many days between the approval email and this email?

11 hours

--------------
Accepted PlayBook Applications: Marmi-doos, BASIC, Run and Hide
Please use plain text.
Developer
witmen

[ Edited ]

Ok well I still have a few hours before I start worrying lol

Please use plain text.
Developer
kdittyr
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

Woot!!! I just got that email as well:

Congratulations!

We’re pleased to inform you that your app submission qualifies for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer. To receive your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, there is one additional requirement. Please complete the shipping information requested here.  We appreciate your patience, as tablets will ship as soon as they are ready and commercially available in your region...

I came here to post that and saw that I have been beaten to the punch.  I am super excited!  Now the question is: Do I ship it to work?  Or have it shipped to my home?

I know someone will always be there, at work, to accept and/or sign for it if needed...  whereas at home it could possibly be left outside the house, unless I work from home that day.  The other thing is that I know my company is moving offices at some point, I just don't know when.

Also, it was ten hours and fifty-nine minutes between application approval and receiving this email.  Mind you the application was submitted on December 8th.

--------------
kdittyr

Accepted PlayBook Applications:
HDB Converter -- Utilities/Calculators
Please use plain text.
Developer
AppStoreLover
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

[ Edited ]

witmen wrote:

9 seconds. :smileyvery-happy:

That didn't take too long :mantongue:

My question was, when did you receive the 'Waiting on test house' ticket ? (status change from 'New')

I am trying to calculate the difference between that date and January 19th (when it changed to Closed / Up For Sale) so that I can estimate how long it will usually take.

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I doubt that you would get a reliable number. There were the christmas and newyear holidays and it was their first large batch of application, so it was all new to them. The SDK is even still being developed as we speak, so maybe the teams were just too busy.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
witmen

AppStoreLover wrote:

witmen wrote:

9 seconds. :smileyvery-happy:

That didn't take too long :mantongue:

My question was, when did you receive the 'Waiting on test house' ticket ? (status change from 'New')

I am trying to calculate the difference between that date and January 19th (when it changed to Closed / Up For Sale) so that I can estimate how long it will usually take.

OH ok I see what you mean now.  Sorry,

On December 12th my status became "Waiting on Test House"  I had thought it was Dec. 10th that it went to that.  But in my "ticketXXXX detailed information" it says the 12th. 

Please use plain text.
New Developer
alexperri7
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Congratulations everyone!

I am soooo jealous. Im losing my mind! My ticket status of 'Waiting on Test House' has the date of December 17th. Hopefully I get my email soon.

Quick question for anyone who might have a suggestion. In the time I've been waiting, I have greatly improved the look of my app. It looks a lot more professional now. Should I wait until I get an approval/rejection (hopefully not) email to upload the update or should I do it as soon as I'm finished, which will most likely be later today?

---------------------------------
My PlayBook Apps: Pocket Portrait Lighting, Pocket Food Photography, Allergen Free Cooking, Easy Agenda
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

One thing I haven't seen in all these posts is any description of any feedback received from the testing folks. 

Are they giving no feedback whatsoever? 

Only feedback in cases of rejection and/or requests for changes?   I don't recall having seen anyone in either of these two cases report anything here. 

I would think detailed "analog" information like that would be far more useful to everyone here than all these "binary" (or even unary, as nobody has reported a rejection either) "Yay, I got accepted!" messages.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.