Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook

Re: Anyone have their App approved?

congrats Marco. Two at once that is awesome!

Everytime someone posts about there approval I immediately login to the vendor portal and refresh the page for the next 30 minutes.

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

@TheMarco, either that one just said to submit a signed 0.9.4 version (if you used 0.9.3 or earlier), or possibly your signing attempt didn't really succeed?

Do you know how to check your .bar to verify that it was signed successfully?

(And congratulations!)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Developer
kiranmobile
My Device: Not Specified

Has anyone received the Playbook device yet? Are developers going to receive it before Apr19th....

Developer
thesmileman

Somewhere on the forums says our devices will ship when the device is released so I am pretty sure we will not get it before it is actually released.

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

kiranmobile wrote:

Has anyone received the Playbook device yet? Are developers going to receive it before Apr19th....

Tweet from Mike Kirkup:

@ddluk We are going to ship PlayBooks for developers ASAP worldwide but it may not be in time for you to test before launch. ^MK #AskBBDev

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
thesmileman

@jffurlan, Well **bleep**! Now I am even more eager to get my app approved. Kudos for the info.
Developer
TheMarco
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB

Not sure how to check whether it 'succeeded' but the console says 'Bar file signed' every time so I'm assuming that means it worked?

Staff UI Prototyper (read: full-time hacker)

My BB10 apps: Screamager | Scientific RPN Calculator | The Last Weather App

Developer
thesmileman

Hmmmm not sure why I got censored there.
Developer
peter9477

thesmileman wrote:
@jffurlan, Well **bleep**! Now I am even more eager to get my app approved. Kudos for the info.

@thesmileman, sorry to burst your bubble, but his was a "non-answer".  "Will ship ASAP" means nothing, and the qualifier that it may not be in time to retest before launch means, to me, that I may not receive it before I can walk out and buy one in the store...  It wouldn't take me 2 minutes to retest my app, so I don't think that answer actually says anything.... and I'm not surprised either.

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer
peter9477

TheMarco, if you extract/inspect the .bar file, you should see a total of 5 files in the meta-inf folder inside.

To do that, use any Zip extraction program, or add a .zip extension and peek inside.  There's always a MANIFEST.MF file, but signing adds four others, two starting with RDK, two with AUTHOR.