Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Anyone have their App rejected?

There's the long-running Anyone have their app approved? thread, and now the Anyone NOT have their app approved? (which appears to focus on those for which approval is still pending).

We've heard of a few reasons that people have been told to submit changes, but really nothing consequential -- just things like "submitted debug-mode app" or "didn't address user data privacy policy"...

What about outright rejections, or rejections which basically indicate that the first attempt is inadequate for some non-minor reason?  Anyone got one of those and willing to help others by baring their souls (or, at least, the short-term inadequacy of their app)?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Anyone have their App rejected?

Got feed back from one of my pending applications.

Dont include any images or logos that have anything to do with RIM, BB, or PB.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

Now that's worth a kudos right there (or, rather, 2 of them since at Level 2 that's as few as we can give :-) ).

Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

The other feed back/bug they encountered was if your app is reliant on a 3rd party service, make certain the service is up and working.  In this particular case, the API to the service changed between the time they submitted it till the time they tested it.  But an updated version corrected the issue, but they tested an earlier version.  Hopefully when things speed up, this will not occur.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

jtegen wrote:

Got feed back from one of my pending applications.

Dont include any images or logos that have anything to do with RIM, BB, or PB.

That's really weird as my app screenshots are overlaid on the media images of the playbook and my app got approved. You can see what I mean here

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477

The screenshots aren't part of your app, so that doesn't apply.  I doubt it's even the same people looking at your screenshots and, after all, you can add or remove them at any time (as far as I know) without invoking a re-review as you would with a new release.

By the way, if you were to remove that frame, your screenshots might actually be useful to let potential users see what any of the text says. As it is, you can't see much other than the ice rink schematic.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

The images I had were a part of the content to select.  I agree with @peter, the larger you can make your screen shots the better it would be for the potential customer.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Ahh, I see what you mean about not including PB, BB stuff. And yes, I probably will change the screenshots up - I submitted them thinking the user would be able to click them and see them bigger.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.