Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style

Re: Anyone have their PlayBook received?

We’re pleased to inform you that your BlackBerry WebWorks app submission qualifies for the free BlackBerry Style Smartphone offer. To receive your BlackBerry Style Smartphone, please complete the shipping information requested here.  Your smartphone will ship within three business days.

We’re pleased that you’ve submitted your application.  While submitting your app qualified you for this offer, the BlackBerry App World team will need to approve your app, so it can be made available for sale or download.  And, if it’s a BlackBerry PlayBook app, there are separate qualification requirements for the Free BlackBerry Playbook offer.

You’ll receive notification when your BlackBerry Style Smartphone is about to ship. Thanks for the time and effort you’ve invested in creating an app and participating in this offer. Good luck in your app development pursuits!

Thats what I got before i entered the shipping info for the Style. But I did not get any email following this. But they were very prompt on the 3 business days.  

Given the number of Playbooks they need to ship, I wouldn't be surprised if we all got a mass email stating that the Playbooks have started to ship and one fine day have the surprise waiting for us outside at the doorstep.

Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

Does anyone have a clue as to where they are shipping from?

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)

I'm assuming that they will ship a number of units to every country and hand them over to local distributors like UPS, DHL, FedEx etc...

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer
tags07

This was the address on the Style shipping box:

7200 Industrial Row Drive, Mason, OH 45040
phone: 877-684-7643
fax: 513-770-3222
email: orders@tmgideas.com

Developer
ajerman
My Device: Playbook Simulator

alexperri7 wrote:

I've been checking the mail 3 times a day every single day for the past week now, and will continue to do so until I get it. I simply can not wait!!! Will definitely be posting here as soon as I get it, most likely from my PlayBook. :smileyvery-happy:

I post here half the time from my iPad. :Shifty:

Regular Contributor
tayshun12
My Device: Torch 9800

tags07 wrote:

This was the address on the Style shipping box:

7200 Industrial Row Drive, Mason, OH 45040
phone: 877-684-7643
fax: 513-770-3222
email: orders@tmgideas.com

Darn, I was hoping they were shipping from the headqurters in Waterloo as I am minutes away :smileywink:. Maybe I'll just go there and ask them for mine tomorrow! hahahaha

Developer
tags07

It depends on your location too and location of the warehouse. It would be stupid of RIM if all the devices shipped from a single location. The way it should work is you have various distribution centers all over the world. RIM sends all the devices from their factory(in China??) to these distribution centers ahead of time. The distribution centers then process your invoice and ship the device at appropriate times. The closer the distribution center to your address, the smaller will be the shipping handling cost to RIM.. there is always a balance between overstocking at a center and shipping costs..

You might very well receive it from the Waterloo HQ, if they have a distribution center there :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
tayshun12
My Device: Torch 9800

here's hoping that they use tomorrow as a grace period for all late submissions (or an april fools' joke to all the late ones :smileytongue:) and by tuesday we'll see a canadapost, purolator, DHL etc. email. Im hoping they're just sitting in a warehouse in brown parcels with our addresses stamped on them already! If we are supposed to get them before general public, I'm hoping that its at least a week or two in advance!

Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)

[ Edited ]

I don't think that we'll get them before april 19th. in all documents it is stated that we'll get them when they are available. ok, this could mean the availability in the warehouse, but I think the commercial availability was meant.

of course I would appreciate it to get the playbook before the horde! :smileyhappy:

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

lrrm wrote:

I don't think that we'll get them before april 19th. in all documents it is stated that we'll get them when they are available. ok, this could mean the availability in the warehouse, but I think the commercial availability was meant.

They have actually stated more recently that they will  "be sending them to developers ASAP", however this is neither confirmation that we will get them before or after they are publicly available. I'm obviously pulling for them to be shipped out tomorrow, and have it not be an April Fools joke.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -