Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: Anyone have their PlayBook received?

jffurlan wrote:
Well, the playbook sim was rooted last week ...

Really?

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Yah, it was on berryreview.com. I'll try to find the link but it should still be one of their recent articles.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan

Here's the link:

http://www.berryreview.com/2011/04/01/blackberry-playbook-simulator-rooted-before-launch/
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
haagmm
My Device: Not Specified

dude ... your 3 days late to the party.  Watch the video.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan

Oh, I never even read the article. Probably should have before posting the link eh? Lol.
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
TheDarkIn1978
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: N/A

hahaha.... that made my morning.

PlayBook Applications:
Drop Swatch
Please use plain text.
Developer
thesmileman
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

@jffurlan, don't feel bad I did the same TGIF with google print about two weeks after April fools a number of years ago. I was telling everyone about it
Please use plain text.
auliakbar
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

im not a frequent flyer but i am very familiar with airplanes from my studies in aeronautical engineering. the RF signal that your devices put out does not affect the aircraft's operational performance. non whatsoever, given that the airplane is in good working condition. the catch is that we dont know if the aircraft is fit to fly, or what kind of damage it sustained during its previous flights. in most cases if the airline is a good one, you have nothing to worry. but in rare cases, the aircratf's rf insulators is in bad shape and this may affect either the communication of the aircraft or its avionics.

why the airline industry think turning on rf is a bad idea? you must remember that the airline industry is a 'safety-first' kind of environment, more like paranoid. personally i agree with this paranoia. why risk it?
Please use plain text.
New Developer
ZanuZawa
My Device: Red Z10
My Carrier: Indosat

I have received a free Playbook from RIM. But unfortunately I was disappointed with my Playbook front camera. I have tested my Playbook front camera and get a strange line at the top of the screen. It's like a broken camera in it. Does anyone having the same problem?

Here are the photos of my Playbook when I turn on front camera :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
auliakbar
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

nope, i dont have that problem. my camera looks fine.
Please use plain text.