Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

Re: Anyone have their PlayBook received?

good to know

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

@peter9477, a small but significant segment of business users have to completely power of any devices which send out any two way communication. So I do care
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Does anybody know whats included in the box? Rapid Charger, Micro HDMI cable? I was unaware that it would be able to be charged over usb, giving that the iPad cannot. I know, I know, two completely separate platfroms but I've seen a few android tablets that come with chargers and cannot charge via USB alone .

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

[ Edited ]

We don't know what comes in the retail box, but the free devices we are receiving include the following:

Each Eligible Participant will receive one (1) 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook; one (1) USB charger; and, one (1) North American wall outlet charger (collectively, “Device”)

However, it would really shock me if they didn't ship us the standard retail packaging with all included accessories (I'm mostly thinking headphones, user manuals, etc).

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

thesmileman wrote:
@peter9477, a small but significant segment of business users have to completely power of any devices which send out any two way communication. So I do care

Oh, is this for air travel?  I wasn't aware the rule was that it had to be powered off completely, just that it had to be in a state where no RF communication was sent out. I thought that's what "airplane mode" was for on my little-used Android phone, for example.

I'm a very infrequent air traveller, so I never remember what the instructions are, between trips.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Developer

peter9477 wrote:

thesmileman wrote:

Oh, is this for air travel?  I wasn't aware the rule was that it had to be powered off completely, just that it had to be in a state where no RF communication was sent out. I thought that's what "airplane mode" was for on my little-used Android phone, for example.

I'm a very infrequent air traveller, so I never remember what the instructions are, between trips.

Peter you bring up a good point though, will the playbook even have an "airplane mode"? I guess on the wifi version you can just manually turn off the wifi and bluetooth, but an airplane mode switch is definitely handy (and probably something business users will expect).

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

jffurlan wrote:

We don't know what comes in the retail box, but the free devices we are receiving include the following:

Each Eligible Participant will receive one (1) 16GB BlackBerry PlayBook; one (1) USB charger; and, one (1) North American wall outlet charger (collectively, “Device”)

However, it would really shock me if they didn't ship us the standard retail packaging with all included accessories (I'm mostly thinking headphones, user manuals, etc).

I hope they ship us retail too, or maybe even a personalized version with some certificate of developer certification so I can hang on my wall :smileytongue:. But if the headphones are not included thats ok, I have a plethora of sets, from beats, to shure. But because I want to remain as high tech as possible, I have my good ol' set of Sony hbh-ds980 bluetooth headphones. Look Ma! No Wires! hahaha

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

peter9477 wrote:

thesmileman wrote:

Air travel is one of the groups I was talking about. Regardless of what people think "Airplane mode" is not approved for takeoff and landing and you need to actually power off your devices.

And everyone else please don't give me the "I fly all the time with it that way and never have a problem so it isnt an issue" **bleep**. I don't care if you smoke while pumping gas or ride without a seat belt and haven't had problems it still isn't a good idea.

Developer

thesmileman wrote:

And everyone else please don't give me the "I fly all the time with it that way and never have a problem so it isnt an issue" **bleep**. I don't care if you smoke while pumping gas or ride without a seat belt and haven't had problems it still isn't a good idea.

I'm with you - why bother taking the risk? It's not like the cell radios work when you're in the air

- Hockey DrillBook -
Developer
My Device: Playbook Simulator
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

thesmileman wrote:

peter9477 wrote:

thesmileman wrote:

Air travel is one of the groups I was talking about. Regardless of what people think "Airplane mode" is not approved for takeoff and landing and you need to actually power off your devices.

Only the last one is potentially dangerous, so I don't do it! :smileyhappy:

Forum upgrade!