Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
comantis
My Device: Not Specified

App Signing Woes - 'The signature on the code signing request didn't verify. The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.'

[ Edited ]

Hi All - I don't know what I am doing wrong.  I get successfully to the 1st part of the 2 step signing.  Here is the command I am using:

'blackberry-signer -verbose -cskpass MYPASS -keystore MYCERT.p12 -storepass MYPASS MYBARNAME.bar RDK'

After a flashing of lots of hex values, I get the following error:

'barsigner error: server error: The signature on the code signing request didn't verify.  The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.'

I know 100% my passwords are correct.  They are all the same, lowercase, only contain alphanumeric characters.
Thinking I did some step in error, I asked for a new csj file and started the steps again.  But I am still getting the same error.  I am at a loss to what I am doing wrong.
 Can anyone help?
thanks
Mark

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: App Signing Woes - 'The signature on the code signing request didn't verify. The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.'

hm that is really strange. would it matter if the "publisher name or common name" is somehow different in your p12 file vs what you put in when you registered?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
New Developer
comantis

Re: App Signing Woes - 'The signature on the code signing request didn't verify. The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect CSK password.'

I'm using my company name in the p12 and the same when I requested the csj file.  Is there an official Blackberry support email address? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

there is a vendory only support form that you can use here:

https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

hope this works out for you. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
comantis

Thanks JRab.  I sent them a message.  In the mean time, I have seen various forum posts where people have reported the same issue.  

If anyone has got this error but somehow fixed it.. if you could let me know how you fixed the error - it would be much appreciated!!  

Please use plain text.
New Developer
comantis

Hello!  Just to keep you up to date.  I did some troubleshooting steps and found something very interesting in regards to this issue I am losing my hair over....

I tested leaving out my asset directory when packaging the application in the command line.  When I leave out the assets , I can successfully sign the application with no error.  However, with the assets, I get the error given above.

In my application, I have lots of external asset files (pictures, sounds etc).  This makes my manifest file quite big (60k).  I wonder whether there is a bug in code signing large files?  I sent an email to Blackberry support but received no response.  

This is why I should have made a fart app.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

comantis wrote:

This is why I should have made a fart app.

The sad part is that someone will and they'll make a fortune. I just don't want my name tied to that...

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

@comantis: what does your command line look like when you package with and without the assets?

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Please use plain text.
New Developer
comantis

With assets:

blackberry-airpackager -package BedsideBuddy.bar alarmClock-app.xml AlarmClock.swf bbIcon.png blackberry-tablet.xml sunriseInit.jpg assets/ media/
without:
/blackberry-airpackager -package BedsideBuddy.bar alarmClock-app.xml AlarmClock.swf bbIcon.png blackberry-tablet.xml sunriseInit.jpg

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

dont know if this will work but, try removing hte slashes on the folder names and just write the folder names. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Please use plain text.