Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
Bumble2000
My Device: Playbook
Accepted Solution

App approval time

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering what people are experiencing in terms of app approval times.  I submitted a native PlayBook app on Dec 14 and it hasn't been approved yet (there's no special export controls or any of those types of complications).  Recognizing, of course, the holiday season and also the ramp-up to the BB10 launch will impact approval times for PlayBook apps.  But I'm thinking that 2 weeks and counting seems to be a bit long (especially for devs that have spend several months in developing a native app and want to release it to market :-)

Just wondering if it's just me experience this long wait time purgatory :-)

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: App approval time

I had an update to an app that took about 2.5 weeks. New apps tend to take longer. I would ping RIM near the end of next week if you have not heard back yet.
Developer
KermEd
My Device: NA

There are a few factors.

Once you submit an application, you'll see a ticket open under your tickets.  When RIM touches your app, that ticket changes.

Sometimes, they touch it and forget about it - or get fired, or decide they dont like working or for some random reason forget about your application.  When that happens, all you can do is submit a support ticket.

To give you an idea, of the 14 or so support tickets I've opened over the last year I have only received two responses.

On average, 4 out of 5 applications I submit are approved in under 48 hours. 

On average, 1 out of 5 applications (APKs to BAR files) are errantly listed as broken and rejected (sometimes without them actually rejecting the ticket) because their Dev Alpha freezes up causing a false positive.

During a port a thon period, it takes an average of 2-3 weeks for a new app to be approved.

Hope that helps, you may notice it is very random and erratic.

Ed.

New Developer
Bumble2000

Thanks KermEd and jtegen for your reply.

We've worked so hard on this app, so it's very frustrating to sit and wait approaching 3 weeks now to get it approved *sigh*

What's the best way to bring this to RIM's attention (in case it has fallen through the cracks somehow)?
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

Direct link to vendor support form-based email:

https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109

To navigate to this page through the vendor portal:

Log in to your vendor portal account and click "Help" in the left navigation column.

This will take you to https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/appworld/

and from there scroll down to the section that says "Vendor Management Features"

and click on the "Get Vendor Management Support" button.

Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane

also, you got a bad timing for your app approval. Right now, there are several portathons (Got Game, All Aboard, C++, the andoird one that's coming) as well as 'shortly' before release date of the BB10 devices. I also submitted several apps in the last week of November, and it took a month to get them approved because it seems like the testers got too much to do. But as UberschallSamsara said, you should contact them directly, be it with the Vendor support form or on different ways (since I took part in the GotGame  portathon, I contacted the responsible person directly via Twitter)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
New Developer
Bumble2000

Thanks everyone for your help. The app got approved yesterday.
The https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109 link that UberschallSamsara provided worked like a champion.
New Contributor
apllp-iosdevelopers
My Device: Non BlackBerry User

We submitted an App just over 2 weeks back. Reached out to Vendor Support from the vendor portal 2 times before and once again today.

There is no response from Vendor support and the Status of the tickets are still new.

Does anyone know if there is any other avenue to get to BlackBerry support?

Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

Regards

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Best to ask on the BBW forum. Lots of similar threads on this.
New Contributor
apllp-iosdevelopers
My Device: Non BlackBerry User

Thank you. I will try that as well.

Do you know if there are any BlackBerry personnel responding to posts or is it the community?

Regards,