Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)
Accepted Solution

App denied? Why?

Hi,

I submitted an app by time for the BB10 Developer Device. It wasn't the app I was originally working on (and which is to be released soon). I'm not proud of it, but it wasn't a bad (cr)app either. The app I wanted to release was impossible to finish because of an camera error an software update produced (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Adobe-AIR-Development/DevAlpha-A-Camera-dead/m-p/2090107/high... So it's not my fault.

Today, after more than one month, I've checked BB World for the approval status of the little app and what did I see: It was denied. Without any notice of when this happend and why it is very hard to fix possible errors. It's a bit disappointing because I had to go on a night shift to get this little app ready by time. Was that for nothing?

What I'm asking myself is: am I still eligible for the red developer device? The DevAlpha A isn't bad and I'm still working with it but it would be better to work and test on the final device.

How can I fix things without knowing what to fix?

Thanks

lrrm

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: App denied? Why?

You need to submit a request in the vendor portal to get more information.
Please use plain text.
Developer
lrrm

I've looked for it but don't know where to submit such a request.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

There is a link in the vendor portal, but it simply goes here:

https://www.blackberry.com/profile/?eventId=8109
Please use plain text.
Contributor
affian
My Device: Style 9670

Hi,

They sending mail in batch, just patient to receive the notification mail, 

i receive my email 2 day after denial :smileyhappy:

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Developer
KermEd
My Device: NA

A bunch of us in OSBBX had apps denied in the last few weeks without explanation emails.

Dunno what they are up to. Use the link above to ask for help - but be warned, I have had a bad history with those support links.  More often than not, they never bother to respond.

In the meantime, submit the same BAR - don't even bother modifying it.  

I've had to do his 6 times now where they approved a resubmit.  Usually when the deny an Android app because their Dev Alpha locked up on the Android runtime (i.e. They need to just reboot their device) but they aren't quite aware enough of their own devices to know its their fault.

Give both a go.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

You will have to increment the build number or it wont be allowed to be uploaded.
Normal support channels are useless.
Please use plain text.
Developer
KermEd
My Device: NA

You actually shouldnt have to.  Punch in an incremented number in the version box, but you dont actually need to increment it.  I've done it about a half dozen times and got them approved :smileyhappy:.

But from a best practices, yeah you should probably match them up.  But the appworld version # is what needs to be unique and last time I uploaded, it didnt cross check the xml.

Please use plain text.
Developer
lrrm

I got the email with the issues a day later. The font size was to small for them. Now that I have changed it my app was approved.

Please use plain text.