Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
DachFlach
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

App installs in simulator but will not run

I have installed an AIR app ( bar ) into the simulator ( currently using the default icon ) but when clicked, it does nothing.

I have tried various SWFs including extremely simple ones with no success.

I have tried in the PlayBook Sim. and the BB10 Sim. The only difference in the latter is that after clicking the icon, the screen wipes away before it returns to the home state, after doing nothing with my app.

I have tried AIR 2.5 - 3.2 with no success.

In the commandline I see : blackberry-airpackager  version 1.6

I am using Vmware 4.0.4 ( after many hours of installing and removing various Vmware versions )

There is many Old Posts with suggestions of how to package and install AIR apps created in Flash Pro. for use with PlayBook.

What is the Newest and Correct method for PB as well as BB10?

Please use plain text.
Developer
steve_web
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Re: App installs in simulator but will not run

Just checking but do you have a valid debug token installed? Whenever it isn't valid you'll get the same result... But a message appears in the top left with an error code of "0013" or something like that.

If that isn't it you can try sending someone like myself a DM with a link to your bar file and we can try to test it on our devices/simulators.

Cheers
Steve

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.
Developer
DachFlach

I am installing it on the Simulator and as far as I know, I do not need a debug token.

Correct?

Please use plain text.
Developer
DachFlach

Thanks to steve_web:

The problem was that I was trying to execute the commandline packager from the SDK/bin folder and using full directory paths to th SWF and xml files.

This resulted in there being a similar directory structure in the air folder within the BAR.

I was doing this because I could not get the CLASSPATH working to run the packager outside of the bin folder.

I eventually got it working when I realized it was the PATH  not the CLASSPATH that needed to be added.

In short..  the app worked but it did not load the swf because it was in a series of subfolders in the BAR.

Thanks Steve!

Please use plain text.