Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Developer

App on review but what if...

it gets rejected, and if i dont make the changes till thursday, is PlayBook offer still active (meaning that i upload new version maybe after the deadline)?

Is it counted from the first publish date and if developers finally upload their app to Vendor (even if its after 31'st march), do they still get free PlayBook ?

darn, i really want one Smiley Very Happy

i missed out the Adobe Max and therefore missed one for free :/

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App on review but what if...

The finished app has to be submitted by the deadline. BB will notify the developer if they find any minor problems.  The developer will be given (20 days?) to respond to resolve the issue(s).

However, it might be considered abusing the rules of the offer if a developer submits an application with a single button on it and then spends the next week trying to get some substance behind it.  So I think the app needs to be in a finished state on submission and I would guess that that is the version BB will review for the offer.

The offer has been in place for many months.  More than enough time to get a finished, polished app.  If you joined late, I doubt BB will extend it.  The offer would go on forever.

If your app is nearly done and there are a few features you can remove to meet the deadline, I would do that; but I would still submit a "finished" application.

OT: My 2000 post!

Regular Contributor

Thanks for such fast reply.

My app is a bit complex and is not just a "fast-fix" before deadline. But since its America rules there might be few problems. But i hope there are none.

There are 2 things that worry me, one is that my app is to share / transfer files between devices (real time), and one of the things is that as it is now, files are autosaved on the device without any prompt (working on it in this moment), the other is that user needs to create a network, and when he has entered network name this name is MD5 crypted.

It is no sensitive data that needs to be crypted, but it is done for some extra securance Smiley Happy

Anyhow, its on review now, hope it'll work.

Its just a little app that allows to transfer files between devices without needing to connect to computer. Mostly useful for tablets since many take pictures with mobiles and want those pictures on tablet(s) or desktops.

Anyhow... well see whats coming Smiley Happy

Developer
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Daniel,

Sounds like a pretty cool app. I wouldn't worry too much, Mark stated that RIM will handle each app that is rejected on a case by case basis for those that will be allowed to submit fixes and those that won't. Obviously if your app is something that would be deisrable to the end user and help the platform, I don't see any reason why RIM wouldn't offer you a chance to fix anything that is broken.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Regular Contributor

Yeah it would be pretty useful for users.

I tested to file-transfer in AIR few months ago and it worked well. since then i havent done anything till few weeks ago when i wanted to transfer some pdf files to my phone. had forgotten usb cable at work so an app idea was born.

few days ago my parents got a iPad and even they asked how do they transfer files from iphone to iPad. so that gave even bigger boost to release it for playbook.

uploaded my app 4 hours ago and gor mail from BB that first submit step is complete. yey Smiley Very Happy