Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
dmbproduction
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: The one I'm on

App payment

Maybe someone with more experience with BB app payment can answer this... How do developpers get payed for their apps?. Let's say a vendor sells a 0.99 app in app world. RIM takes 30% from there that brings the total amount to approx 0.69 to the vendor, but before it gets to the vendor it has to go through paypal so here's where I'm stuck.

Paypal takes 2.9% + 0.30$ from every transaction. So does that mean every sale is equal to one trasaction? Because this would mean that the vendor only gets approx 0.38 from their app!... Or does RIM send the vendor transfer to the vendors paypal on a by weekly or event monthly schedule? I'm asking this because 0.30 to paypal for every app sold is a lot! It's more than RIM's share and paypal doesn't do much to eran that money.

Thanks,
David
David

Twitter: dmbproduction
Playbook App: Food Journal
Please use plain text.
Developer
ahazdesigns
My Device: 9530, 9550, 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App payment

you get paid on approximately the 25th of the following month. i do not believe we incur the paypal fees on our end but RIM does. (never noticed any extra missing)

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Hmm, i was worrying about this as well. I really hope 60% of my app sale isn't being taken from me.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

By the way, there are other forums probably better suited to this, as the question has nothing to do with the PlayBook specifically, or the AIR SDK.

I'm not sure if the most appropriate would be App World Development, or some other one.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
dmbproduction
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: The one I'm on

There was this paypal post last year in appril i believe in the App World Development forum however it didn't get answered, which i find bizzar as it would be something pretty easy to answer.

But given ahazdesigns response of being paid on the 25th of the month i would assume that this would be a lump sum payment were you wouldn't notice paypal taking 0.30 on the entire purchase

David

Twitter: dmbproduction
Playbook App: Food Journal
Please use plain text.
Developer
ahazdesigns

correct, but it sometimes comes in multiple payments on the 25th, and then one from "Bango" a little later.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

Short answer: You get the full 70% and are not responsible for any PayPal fees.

Long answer: Payments to you come from three places, Digital River, Digital River Ireland, and Bango. Bango sends money to your paypal account for any applications purchased via carrier billing, usually sending money about 60 days from the end of the month. All remaining money owed to you from sales within the USA will come from Digital River approxametly 24 days after the end of the month. On the same day Digital River Ireland will send you a payment for all remaining sales outside of the United States. Once these payments have been made into your PayPal account you can transfer the money to your bank account at no cost. I have been doing this for two years now, and have yet to (directly) pay any fees to PayPal.

Bango, Digital River, PayPal, the carriers and the credit card companies all get payed out of RIM's 30% cut.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.
Developer
ahazdesigns

this thread just got me thinking... Does bango pay monthly or bi-monthly?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

ahazdesigns wrote:

this thread just got me thinking... Does bango pay monthly or bi-monthly?

Bango pays monthly, they are just a bit slow in doing so.

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Please use plain text.