Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
ChernyshovYuriy
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

App signing problem

I have lost original files:

• barsigner.csk
  • barsigner.db

But I have original author.p12 and client-RDK-##########.csj, client-PBDT-##########.csj files. Unfortunatlly I cannot register them once again. But I need to go on to update application that is a year in AppWorld already.

Is there a way to resign again my *.csj files OR to use new keys to go on with application updates? There must be a solution.

Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane

Re: App signing problem

when you lost your original csk and db files, all you can do is to register and use new keys, sign your application with it, then write a message to the App World Support and explain your situation (+ hope!). They will create you a small timeslot where you can upload your application for the same entry despite it having a different App ID

I had to do this **bleep** well, took a bit of time and messaging, but it worked and that's better than nothing. And btw, your users WILL have the application installed twice on their device, one time the old version, one time the new version. But if it's an app they had to pay for, they should not need to pay twice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o