Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
JohnPinkerton
My Device: Curve 8900 (Personal) / Bold 9650 (Work)

Re: App specific system menu

Just thought I'd post that JRab's method also works in Flash Builder 4.0.1, so it's not just Burrito.

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

@alex: thanks - glad you got it worked out!

@john: thanks for confirming that it works in FB4!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Contributor
chethanmp
My Device: Not Specified

HI Jrab,

As i am new to this platform i used ur code to get swipe gesture menu, but  i am getting the following error mentioned below.

Description Resource Path Location Type
1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: HeaderMenu. FlexTest.mxml /FlexTest/src line 17 Flex Problem

Description Resource Path Location Type1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: HeaderMenu. FlexTest.mxml /FlexTest/src line 17 Flex Problem

Hope will get help asap.Thanks in Advance

Developer
JohnPinkerton

Did you use the same file names that JRab gave? The code references files you have to make.
New Contributor
chethanmp

Thanks for ur lightning reply..::smileyhappy:

Got the solution for that i needed to use 

[Bindable] private var headerMenu:HeaderMenu = new HeaderMenu();

Now i am stuck with another issue. ie i need more than 10 menu buttons in that menu . i want to scroll this menu .

So how can i be able to scroll that view.

Thanks in advance

Chethan

Developer
JohnPinkerton

Do you need them all visible all the time?

There are lots of different ways to do it - you could just make the top swipe area be more than 75 or 80px in height, you could make it even be 600px high.

New Contributor
chethanmp

Thanks for that suggestion.:smileyhappy:

But i wanna know one more thing that, is it possible to put horizontal scroll view for that menu if the number of menus are more..

Thanks in advance,

Chethan  

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

You could probably use a ScrollPane to scroll around in the app bar, but I would also give the user some indication (arrows to the left and right showing that there is more content available) that this is possible, because they may not anticipate that behavior.

New Developer
everythingsgonegreen
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

So I have this working according to JRab's last posted code.  However the two things that seem to be missing is how to switch views using the buttons on the menu and the functionality to have the menu close when the mouse is clicked off of the menu.

Previously my app used navigator.popToFirstView() in the click handler for the button, but when adding that to the buttons in this case, there is an error "Access of undefined property navigator".  How do you handle switching views with this example?

I'm guessing that this is because the code is inside a BorderContainer and not a view, as it was previously... but how do I reference the views from within the new BorderContainer that is used for the menu?

New Developer
everythingsgonegreen
My Device: Playbook

Has anyone been able to do this using the mxml example?  I'm not sure how to switch views from the buttons in the HeaderMenu BorderContainer.