Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
PatSegoe
My Device: Not Specified

Application Properly Signed, but Denied

Hi guys,

So, I got an email from a BlackBerry rep, saying that if I resubmitted a properly signed version of my app, I would get a playbook.

I resubmitted my app with the five files, and after a week, it was denied for signing because apparently it "didn't contain the [5 files] in the .bar file".

Yet, when I use Winzip, it does.

This feels really unfair. I contacted RIM, but no one seems to reply. I am absolutely positive it was signed properly, but RIM said no.

Suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jimmyd25

Re: Application Properly Signed, but Denied

If it contains the 5 required files it should be fine. If they are saying it doesn't, I'm sure there were some problems in the signing process.

Are you sure you sent the correct .bar file? It's def annoying trying to get a hold of anyone for support at RIM so I feel your pain.

I remember I had a lot of issues with the signing process as well. Everytime I tried to sign I kept getting two files - a .bar file and a .bar.sig file. I finally resolved this issue by incrementing the version number (within the <versionNumber> tag) each time I signed. This is found in the '*yourappname*-app.xml' file associated with your app. Be sure to change that number and resign, this might resolve your issue.

I hope you get it resolved soon....

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PatSegoe

Hi jimmyd25,

Thank you so much for your help.

The file I sent definitely contained the five files. I am positive.

I resubmitted my app today, and I just hope it doesn't take so long to be approved...

By the way, thank you so much. I am incrementing the versionNumber tag... I signed it via the command line, and I got bar Signed...

Thank you so much. I sincerely appreciate your support:smileyhappy: Kudos.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jimmyd25

You are very welcome! I hope it gets approved this time around! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.