Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
vinuk4u
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790

Application signing error using Adobe Flash builder

Hi,

I had created one appln in Adobe AIR for BB Tablet using Adobe Flash Builder. For publishing the app in App World, i had created the Release Build of the application to a folder inside the project folder itself. The response shown at that time was successful. But when i tried to check the certificate information via command-line tool, it is showing 'Application is not fully signed'. The same error was noted by the App World team. But i was able to sign the application successfully from the IDE and was able to test the signed appln in the Simulator.

I'm stuck with this signing issue. Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Vineeth K.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: Application signing error using Adobe Flash builder

When you open up the BAR file, do you see the 5 files from the signing process? Are you using the correct command line tools (path set correctly) to the correct SDK? Usually, if signing fails, Flash Builder is more than happy to tell you about it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
vinuk4u

Hi jtegen,
Thanks for the reply.

I had signed the bar file using the Flash Builder itself with the 'Release Build' option and the response after finishing the process was successful. But as per the App World team, the signing is incomplete.

Thanks
Vineeth K.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

I would not trust the app team. They make a lot of mistakes. If you open up the BAR file with a ZIP utility, you should see RDK.SF, RDK.EC, MANIFEST.MF, AURTHOR.SF, AUTHOR.EC.
Please use plain text.
Developer
vinuk4u

Hi jtegen,

As you said, my application is having those files in it. So hope that the signing is complete. Then what is the real issue? How can i get rid of this issue ? Any solution ?

Thanks

Vineeth K.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

If those files are in your BAR file, then it is signed. I would increment the build or version number, re-sign and re-submit.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

In case you do not do this, create a check-off list for every release. Other than increment version, etc, be certain to "open BAR file and verify signed files exists" to it. I also rename the final BAR file to something like this "appname_version_signed.bar" (myapp_213_signed.bar). Nice to keep previous BAR files.
Please use plain text.
Developer
vinuk4u

Ok thanks for the reply. Let me try. Will get back soon with the response at this time.

I had followed the version changing and resigning and now the appln version is 1.1.2, i started from 1.0.0. Still have the issue. Well, lets try one more time. Otherwise, i'm going to drop the application.

Thanks,
Vineeth K.
Please use plain text.
Developer
vinuk4u

Hi jtegen,
I just tried my last attend, it has been accepted.

Thanks
Vineeth K
Please use plain text.