Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
My Device: playbook

Application size

Hi all,

I am facing a weird issue, I want my app to be a small widget in the user desktop screen but in the simulator my app is fullscreen, when I set the width and height in the windowsApplication tag my app is reduced but the stage is fullscreen.  So how can you reduce the stage size ?

Thanks everyone !

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Application size

Good question.  I think the platform assumes that the application is "full screen" when in use.  If you only "need" a portion of it, then the stage would also need to be transparent, which I am not certain if that is supported on this platform.  You can do that in an AIR application, so you may want to play with the application XML config (myapp-app.xml) file for transparent background (or chrome I think). 

Even if you can have a portion of the application and the background stage is transparent, it would be interesting to know what you see on the "desktop" and can you click on anything when your application is in the foreground (possible in a normal AIR application).  Beyond the curosity of this, it might come down to a platform useability question if this would be allowed for acceptance into App World.

So, see if you can play with the stage and transparent of the application (test as a simple AIR application first) and then see if the simulator carries that behavior over.  If it does, then it becomes a question of should you do that.  If no to either, then you may to rethink your screen coverage to use the full screen area.  If you only need (say 25%) of the screen, you can just go black for the remaining part (just a thought).