Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
Dinges
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: KPN

Approved with wrong tablet xml, what to do?

I have a question I hope some one from RIM can answer:

I submitted my app, but after that found out through the forum, that there were some things wrong in my blackberry-tablet.xml (I used core.all, causing two icons to appear on the simulator, and I also used an icon size of 128x128, that is said to be unsupported on the actual device, although it works on the simulator)

Today however I received an e-mail telling me that my app is approved! I am very glad it's approved, but I am wondering if this means that the problems I described are not a problem on the actual device, or that there is still a chance users will get a double app icon, or none at all...?

Does anyone know?

Thnx in advance.

Please use plain text.
Developer
lrrm
My Device: Playbook (sim)
My Carrier: Base

Re: Approved with wrong tablet xml, what to do?

I'm not working for RIM but I think it's the best you upload a new release of your app with the fixed data.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My App: Peg Solitaire

Need a designer? Drop me a line
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

My app was approved even though i had left  "-debug" in. I would definitely suggest putting out an update because even if RIM did not care or ignored some small bugs, I'm sure consumers will not (especially if they are paying for something). You still have lots of time though until launch, so I wouldn't worry too much.

- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Developer
berryawesome
My Device: Not Specified

As the prior posts suggest, correct the issues you mention and submit a new release. I just wanted to point out the fact that you must increase the version number in your -app.xml file.

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

it has been stated in the past that in the simulator the icon will show up fine but on the actual device if the size is larger than 90px x 90px then the icon will not show up. The recommended size is 86 x 86 with main contents of the icon within the inner 76 x 76 region. so most likely the tester only checked on a simulator and not the actual device and was an oversight.

i highly recommend you submit a new bar file with the version increase as berryawesome has stated. dont worry about how long it will take, you are already approved so this is just a formality. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dinges

Ok,

I am now completely lost at this!! Your responses were all really helpful, and I had just decided to press that 'post for sale' button and then submit an update as soon as I could, when this morning, after receiving 2 e-mails that my app had been approved last friday, I suddenly receive a mail that it has been denied! This because of the icon not being the right size, and my app not being signed (which it WAS by the way)  On my portal account however, in the ticket history, I can only find the approved messages, and the ticket has been closed. But the status of my app reads: pending review!! Now what's going on?

I'll post the required update, but .. this is ridiculous!

Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

Hmm. Considering you're the second person today that's posted something like this I'm inclined to believe it is simply an error on RIM's part.

HOWEVER: considering your icon size is inaccurate they me be sending out generic emails to clean up any apps that may have been hastily approved (hence why they said you need to sign even when you already have). I wouldn't worry to much, just submit an update. In my experience updates get looked over quite quickly if you've already been approved.
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dinges

Yeah, I already posted an update. Hope they will check soon, 'cause I'm rather confused now :smileywink: Thnx!

Please use plain text.