03-09-2011 01:31 AM
Sorry you're still having problems. I admire your perseverence.
I've had exactly the same problem as you for the past three days. But I think I've solved my issue.
I found yet another Adobe site & followed the instructions:
The main point I didn't realize (until now) was that (as far as I can tell) I don't think you can simply take a standard .fla or .swf file & package it up into a .bar file for the Playbook.
You seem to need to use AIR 2.5 from the start (i.e. to create your .fla and .swf files).
I downloaded the AIR extension for Flash CS5 & then created a new "Adobe AIR 2" file instead of an Actionscript 3.0 file like I normally do & everything worked.
As far as I can tell, it has something to do with swf files created w/o AIR not being able to play on every platform. But AIR somehow makes them more universal & playable outside of a browser environment.
Or at least that's what I think.
Hope this helps! Good luck.
03-09-2011 03:00 AM
That post you mentioned is definitely the best one (in my opion) for a good basic general undertanding of what to do.....
And oh man I'm glad that trick worked for you! . It didn't work for me. I even removed all the code from the new 'Adobe AIR 2.0' .fla after I imported the library from my previous .fla for sharts n gargles and that still didn't work for me! I think I'm trying too hard. It's gotta be something easier than this.
I'm still stuck on a swf that won't load properly. Of course, in the adl debugger it works great.?!
I'm curious what this bin-debug folder is - and why some .swfs work with or without it.
thanks for the suggestions.
03-29-2011 08:19 AM
For those who still maybe interested, and although this may no longer be the forum where I ask for help for this topic - I have found a problem that is causing my .swf to not load properly and has NOTHING to do with the Blackberry SDK/simulator.
In one of my previous posts I said I tried a test .swf with NO CODE in it. I was wrong... there was code hiding...blah blah.... So I started debugging and then just straight up removing all functions and variables line by line and found a problem. I still haven't figured out WHY it's a problem but at least I've come up with something that causes the issue!
It seems the 'File' class for some reason causes my AIR environment to fail when loading outside the test environment.... Even with 'import flash.filesystem.*' I am still unable to simply click on my .swf and run it when that line is in my code.
Like I said, I have no idea why that may be
06-22-2011 07:20 PM
FOR EVERYONE STILL READING THIS POST! I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND I WENT INTO PUBLISH SETTINGS AND SET TO PUBLISH AIR FOR AINDROID AND NOW MY SWF WORKS!!!. Selecting puplish for AIR 2.6 etc was not working but publishing for AIR for Android fixed everything! So if you're having the same problem give this a try!