Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
LoganSix
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Authentication failed due to system error.

After getting past my basic starting problem with Burrito and 0.9.3, I went ahead and did the PlayBook in 90 minutes tutorial.

When running  in "On Desktop" mode, the application runs fine and works.

When I change it to "On Device" mode and have the VM simulator running, then I get the following error:

Error occurred while launching the installed application on the device:
Error: Authentication failed due to system error..

I did try to run it without the VM simulator started and got the error that it couldn't find the device.  I also double checked the password, even though the VM Simulator was giving me some issues when I changed the passwords.

Anybody else run into this issue?

On a side not, the .bar file was created for the application in the bin-debug folder.

JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Authentication failed due to system error.

hey Logan,

sounds like your packager ran find but when it came to deploy you bumped into an error. the only thing that comes to mind (since you already double check the passwords) is either a firewall issue, which you can check by disabling your firewall temporarily, or maybe your simulator isnt up-to-date (seperate install from the SDK). The latest version is 0.9.3. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Developer
LoganSix

Yup that was it.

Thanks for the help.

Let me know if there is anything you want me to try out on the PlayBook.   RIM is going to schedule a demo for my work soon.  We have a BlackBerry phone application and I am trying to convince my boss that the PlayBook would be a way to step up that application.

JRab

hey Logan,

nothing comes to mind in particualar but consider yourself lucky! actually one thing does come to mind, Harry Dodgson wants you to try out his app. its the "Mega" game we see in the CES and some demos with teh colorful icon. it may or may not be on the device you are going to demo. They always show the icon but never run it. It'd make his day :smileyhappy:

if not just share with us your impressions, it'd be much appreciated! good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Developer
LoganSix

Do you think I should start a thread when I get the demo date?

JRab

i think you absolutely should! just be ready of a grand flow of requests haha. this forum is full of curious and anxious people (im one of em!) :smileyhappy:

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

New Contributor
lutc
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

I am getting the same "Authentication failed due to system error"

when i run

"blackberry-deploy -installApp -password pass -device 192.168.218.128 -package myapp.bar"

or

"blackberry-airpackager -package myapp.bar -installApp -launchApp myapp-app.xml myapp.swf icon48.png icon72.png icon36.png -device 192.168.218.128 -password pass"

I have tried turning the firewall off and am using the latest SDK 0.9.3 and Simulator (downloaded them yesterday). What else could be the cause of the problem?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Well, if you did not put the simulator in developer mode, it typically says that.  So I would check that the IP is correct, there are no firewalls that were reset and/or that you have admin access.

New Contributor
lutc
My Device: Not Specified

Hi John,

Thanks for that. Playbook Simulator is showing "Development Mode is On" and the Windows Firewall is turned off. IP seems to be correct as I can ping it.

As for the bar file, I am using Flash Pro CS5 and following the instructions from http://www.flashfood.net/?p=40 The bar file seems to appear in my output folder so I assume that means the packaging went ok?

I am using Vista and I tried running both cmd.exe and vmware as "run as administrator"

For VMWare network settings, I tried both Bridged  and NAT to no avail.

What else could be the cause of the problem? Is anyone else here using Vista and Flash Pro CS5? Thanks.

Developer
JRab

hey lutc,

i've seen that error before and there are two remedies. One being the obvious restart of the simulator which im sure you've done. Sometimes the the simulator responds poorly after a period of usage. the second is to double check your simulator and SDK that you are using. In the past i've accidently ran the old simulator and forgot to switch it in VMware and the older one would just load up. Also check to see if you're compiling against the newest sdk. I know in flash builder you have to manually go in and change the SDK or else it keeps pointing to the older one even after installing. hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--