Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Contributor
lutc
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Authentication failed due to system error.

Solved. My problem was that I had followed a wrong link and had downloaded an older version of the simulator instead.

When using the new simulator, it works.

Leaving Windows firewall on is ok and not using "run as administrator" works fine also.

Thanks all for your help and patience.

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

not a problem at all! we all get tripped up here and there. good luck on the rest of your development!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
New Contributor
macewindu2011

1. I have the latest VM simulator version 3.1.3 build-324285
2. I have the latest SDK .093
3. Development mode is ON! 
4. IP addres is correct. 
5. my user generated password is working fine. 
6. I tried using this command:
blackberry-airpackager -package output_bar_file_name -installApp -launchApp  
    project_name-app.xml project_name.swf any_other_project_files
    -device IP_address -password password

AND IT DID NOT WORK! 

7. I also tried using this command:
"blackberry-deploy -installApp -password pass -device 192.168.218.128 -package myapp.bar"
And It DID NOT WORK! 
8. I restarted the Simulator And It DID NOT WORK! 
and it didn't help. 
What am I missing, What else should I try???? Anyone....?

1. I have the latest VM simulator version 3.1.3 build-3242852. I have the latest SDK .0933. Development mode is ON! 4. IP addres is correct. 5. my user generated password is working fine. 
6. I tried using this command:blackberry-airpackager -package output_bar_file_name -installApp -launchApp      project_name-app.xml project_name.swf any_other_project_files    -device IP_address -password password        AND IT DID NOT WORK!     7. I also tried using this command:"blackberry-deploy -installApp -password pass -device 192.168.218.128 -package myapp.bar"And It DID NOT WORK! 
8. I restarted the Simulator And It DID NOT WORK! 
9. I read this post http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Authentication-failed-due-to-syst... it didn't help. 

What am I missing, What else should I try???? Anyone....?

New Contributor
lutc

If you are encountering the same problem as me, you might have the wrong simulator VM. The installer for the simulator should say 0.9.3

New Contributor
macewindu2011

I think I downloaded the right one. Are you talking about this download?

Download Details
Software Name:BlackBerry PlayBook Simulator v0.9.3 Beta (Win)
File Name:BlackBerryPlayBookSimulator-Installer-0.9.3-Win-201101211320.exe
Download Size:107.006 MB
Language:English
Published Date:02/07/2011
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

If you have the web Browser showing in your simulator, you have the right one.  0.9.2 had no browser, 0.9.3 has it.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor
AArpagian
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650

I'm having the same problem. I haven't updated my simulator since the first simulator came out. But I did update the SDK to the latest one. However, when I tried to deploy the app it didnt. I understand that's because I am running an old simulator, so I downloaded 0.9.4 and ran it, but it never gets beyond the loading screen. I ran it on both my mac and windows 7 pc, with no success. All the settings are exactly as they are in the Developer Guide. Anyone have any clue what's going wrong?

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

@AArpagian: from what i've read when users have run into this problem, let the simulator run till it loads up. so if its loading up or there is a blank black screen, just let it load and it should work soon after. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman