Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

BB10 Components ANE Understanding

I have been using Flash CS5.5 for developing the BB10 AIR apps, using the components provided by SDK.

As suggested in some earlier posts, I learned that, for using the components in Flash CS5.5, we have to add the SWC files and in some cases, have to duplicate the ANE files to SWC file and add those to AS3.0 Library Path settings. Following the same approach, I have created some applications and have used the various BB10 AIR SDK components like, ActionBar, Tabs, Containers, Buttons, Labels and Dropdown. This worked perfectly fine both in Author mode(when run in Flash CS5.5 with AIR app) and on Dev Alpha device.

I never had included any ANE when creating the BAR file, other than adding the renamed SWC file to AS3.0 Library Path Settings.

If every-thing just works fine when I run the AIR app in Author mode on desktop, does it mean that ANE are just Action-script codes without any(or much) native code? Or does it check the runtime environment and also works on desktop and on device(may be it would do something else when on device)?

Can anyone please correct if any of the above assumptions are wrong or if anyone has better understandings, please share!

This complete exercise is because of other problem I faced about using Picker and  UberschallSamsara  suggested that the component may work on device even though does not work on desktop.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB10 Components ANE Understanding

For the skin ANE, it just might be AS3 code to size and display the the controls correctly. We would not really know. The device ANE does have native code in it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
SangramPatil
My Device: BB10 Dev Aplha
My Carrier: -

Re: BB10 Components ANE Understanding

Based on above observations I am pretty much sure that skins are applied by SWC and some ANE's like Device can have some device code.

If this is the case, is it possible to have some components not working on Author mode, possibly work on Device? I am currently stuck with a component Picker which is not working in Flash.
Please use plain text.