Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Trusted Contributor
osus
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

(BB10) Header bar for search input

Hi guys,

I wonder for the best way to implement the BB10 standard header bar where you add textinput for search after clicking on Action button search on your app.

This is the way new AppWorld app or browser works.

Do we have to fully implement the header and the gradient background? Is there any standard component for this? I've looked at all the api's and can't find nothing like this.

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: (BB10) Header bar for search input

There is no "official" standard to this. I would create something you have seen before. A lot of it depends on your app and what else you have on the page.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
osus
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thank you  jtegen, I thought the same, but perhaps there was something already done :smileyhappy:

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

I heard that there might be. Maybe in the next release. I just created my own.
Please use plain text.