Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
Accepted Solution

BB10 Invocation Schemas

It was mentioned that the BB10 invocation schemas would be published after the 1st of the year.  Has anyone seen those?

Nothing new here:

https://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/documentation/device_platform/invocation/invoking_core_app...

Also, it was mentioned that we would see AIR code samples too, instead of just Cascade samples.

Still waiting on:

* Map

* Calendar (add events)

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

Re: BB10 Invocation Schemas

+ PDF reader schemas

+ Docs To Go schemas

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer
Ebscer
My Device: 9530, 9630, 9800, 8530, 9900, 9810, 9930, PlayBook, Dev Alpha

I have not noticed any new docs...

I would like to see the schema for the email composer...

Read my thoughts on BlackBerry Development at news.ebscer.com
Retired
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook

Some new invocation API's are being pushed to the server today. I'm not sure when it will be synced but I'm going to guess in the next day or two. AIR Invocation docs are on track to go up sometime next week.

Regards,
Dustin

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

I appreciate the effort, but Jan 11th is next week. How does RIM expect us to integrate via invocation, test, build, upload in a handful of days? This also assumes that the apps on the device can receive and process the updated invocation schema. Does this mean there will be an OS update next week?
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

jtegen wrote:
I appreciate the effort, but Jan 11th is next week. How does RIM expect us to integrate via invocation, test, build, upload in a handful of days? 

+1

Regular Contributor
bigmokujin
My Device: PlayBook

100% agree.

Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course

[ Edited ]

I had more or less expected to by now be able to test Invocation API's with stock apps on the device...

Testing integration with these API's is pretty much impossible without the native file manager, e-mail, Docs To Go, Facebook, PDF. And releasing a major app without any such testing would be silly. Yet to qualify for various programs (B4BB, 10K, Dev Alpha C, Limited Edition device) we are expected to integrate and be available at launch...

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Developer
apman
My Device: Not Specified

I think RIM should relax the requirements/deadlines for their incentive programs - otherwise you'll only end up with a bunch of apps that just invoke *anything* for the sake of it, rather than actually using the BB10 capabilities in the service of flow and a great user experience.

My app : Get set - Get up!   Get ready for the snooze revolution.

Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

It may be too late to modify schedules or terms and conditions, but the least RIM could do is let AIR devs pass Built For BlackBerry testing with just integration of BBM invoke for now.  Even if BBM invoke doesn't really make sense for the app, after launch when AIR presumably gets the resources it has been starved for, AIR devs could fix up their apps to invoke something more value added for their particular app.  The terms of the 10K program don't preclude anyone from improving their app over the 12 month period of the program.