Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

BB10 OS update

Does anyone know how and where to get the OS update to the Dev Alpha device?

Please use plain text.
Developer
navikun
My Device: Blackberry Tour

Re: BB10 OS update

This appears to be work-a-round for windows users. It did work for me. This came from a post in the beta zone.

Make sure you update your Blackberry Desktop Software to the newest versions7.1.0.32 (Bundle 33). Than try the following:

1. Close Desktop Manger
2. Navigate to the following key in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Research In Motion\\AppLoader (32-bit) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Wow6432Node\\Research In Motion\\AppLoader (64-bit)
3. Delete the SLSURL entry
4. Delete the WebSLURL entry.
5. Start up Desktop Manager

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
samyotte
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi jtegen,

not sure if you've been following:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/DevAlpha-not-updating-on-Desktop-Bundl...

but it speaks to update issues.

check out developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10alpha for the steps to update your device. Though we know some are still experiencing issues, we believe the majority of the technical issues have been resolved. We continue to investigate the rest.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Thanks. I saw that there is yet another forum to monitor (testing and deployment). I would think that OS updates be blasted out to all the relevant forums.
Please use plain text.
samyotte

you're right. my apologies. We did communicate out but there is an opportunity to review where we do it and increase the exposure.
Please use plain text.
Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

When I connect my Alpha Device via USB to my XP machine it recognizes the device as a RIM USB Mass Storage device but it stalls on the "installing drivers" screen, The USB Mass storage icon in device manager has a yellow exclamation mark and does not function and I believe that this is the reason that drivers cannot be downloaded/installed. Of course, without the drivers, I cannot download the OS update.

Note that I have the latest desktop software installed and that my Playbooks connect perfectly. Any ideas about how I can resolve the issue?

Please use plain text.
samyotte

Hi Maurice,

there is a support email address available at https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalpha/ who would best likely be able to assist. If the Playbook connects, that should be sufficient. I assume you also installed the latest DTM software as mentioned in the link above. If not, I'd encourage you to uninstall your current DTM and install the new one on that page.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Developer
MauriceRice
My Device: Developer
My Carrier: Telus

samyotte wrote:
Hi Maurice,

there is a support email address available at https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalpha/ who would best likely be able to assist. If the Playbook connects, that should be sufficient. I assume you also installed the latest DTM software as mentioned in the link above. If not, I'd encourage you to uninstall your current DTM and install the new one on that page.

Thanks

Thanks for the email address. I was already running the most recent version of the DTM but I took the troublke of uninstalling it and re-installing. I also installed the software on another XP machine which has never had the software installed - but no luck.

Please use plain text.