Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
Deevych
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB10 Payment System - delay and digital goods

Hello,

I built an app with in-app purchases, and in debug mode and CONNECTION_MODE_LOCAL all worked fine.
But now, when the app is in Vendor portal and Digital Goods are approved for sale, I can test real purchase process and now I got a few problems.

1. Payment pop-up does not always open. Meaning sometimes it's opened, sometimes not... I found, that after some delay (minute or more), all works fine too. Then debugged located the source: it's caused by purchases check process started on app start, which fails with exception like "The app must be installed from App World to use payment system".
Question - can the Payment System be configured to work simultaneously and start new purchase not waiting for other purchases check?  

2. Another issue - after purchase done (or rather - payment failed), I got a message "Invalid parent application for digital good.". I'm trying to buy the digital good by ID registered in the app with same App.ID (but now - new signing keys and so - new Package ID).
Q1: Can this be caused by Package ID flushed after the digital goods approved? Any other reason?
Q2: Is there a way to refresh Digital Goods without changing ID's?

Any help highly apretiated,

Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BB10 Payment System - delay and digital goods

For #1 - No, Payment interactions can only occur one at a time in sequence currently.

For #2 - This error is not related to Pckage ID, it usually means that the app was side-loaded to the device. To test your purchases you need to download via the BlackBerry World sandbox.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Deevych

Thanks for reply. Your clarification was very helpful.

1. OK, I got it, will try to handle this some way.

2. I installed an app from App World via Development Mode and it allowed me to sucessfully comlplete the payment.

More good news - Payment System looks to be much better responding in "release" mode, so I almost can't see a delay with payments check.

Let's consider this closed.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Deevych

BTW, does anyone know if the Development Mode/Sandbox test saves the purchases?

I tested purchase, it seems to be fine, but next time I load a app and check purchases - it does not load the purchase, and so - treat the good as not unlocked.

Again, I can't test this in debug more properly as the Payment System doesn't allow me to check payments until the app is installed from App World.
Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

They do not save the purchases. Work is being done so that sandbox mode will save purchases in the future though.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Hopefully someday the sandbox mode can be application specific as well and not have to open up all the apps to this mode.
Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

jtegen wrote:
Hopefully someday the sandbox mode can be application specific as well and not have to open up all the apps to this mode.

Would that be for opening up to Beta testers before publishing? Or distributing free copies of the app? Or both?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Probably both. Beta testing for certain. Guess that would work for free copies, but rather do a coupon for that for larger distribution and time limited. Coupons could also give a percent off on price for a limited time.
Please use plain text.
Retired
gbeukeboom

That's about what I figured :smileyhappy:

I'll make sure to get these details into the product folks.

Thanks!

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Please use plain text.