Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
shawnblais

Re: BB10 SDK is crashing FlashBuilder 4.7

dmalik wrote:

Sorry to here about the troubles you're having. I have created 15+ projects and have imported a few over from 4.6 without issue. Are you getting any error messages or anything like that? Is a specific project causing the issue? I'd like to help and will escalate to the tools team to get the issue fixed if it's reproducable. 

Cheers,
Dustin

Are you on Windows? I'm not seeing any problems in general, everything seems totally fine, until I shut down, then it just refuses to startup again. At this point I'm getting completely neurotic about ever hitting that x-button!

I can't really see it being project related, but it's possible. I'm basically loading the same 2 projects each time. The other thing I always do is import my preferences file which includes syntax coloring and other settings.

Please use plain text.
Developer
shawnblais

Looking at my crash logs, there is some mention of QNX right before the exception, but I'm not sure it's related.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2013-01-10 12:08:15.486
!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the commands from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' and 'org.eclipse.ui.actionDefinitions' extension points.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2013-01-10 12:08:15.486
!MESSAGE Commands should really have a category: plug-in='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui', id='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.OpenInfoCenter', categoryId='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.category.help'

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2013-01-10 12:08:21.276
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel.tree.OffsetInformationFactory.findFileNode(OffsetInformationFactory.java:348)
	at com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel.tree.OffsetInformationFactory.findAbsoluteOffsets(OffsetInformationFactory.java:167)
Please use plain text.
Developer
apman

I don't really know much about how to read the log files either, but I do see that "Commands should really have a category" warning in my logs too, without any visible problems occuring, so that error is probably not so critical.

My app : Get set - Get up!   Get ready for the snooze revolution.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Lampei
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Yeah, the "Commands" one looks like it's just a Warning, rather than an error. The NPE is the bad one.
Please use plain text.
Developer
KermEd
My Carrier: NA

Hrm,

I'm getting the same behaviour.  Its worth mentioning I have:

FB4.5 - Worked best using Tablet SDK for PB

FB4.6 - Sometimes got Java errors on Sim//Deploy config

FB4.7 - Sometimes "crashes" on launch.  Relaunch causes hangs (need to delete .lock file)

I've placed FB4.7 on a fresh PC.

For future troubleshooters, I've installed NDK after-the-fact most recently since it died (was rebuilding the emulator family for BB10 but now sidetracked fixing FB4.7). It was not forcefully terminated, and its a proper legal copy.

Here is the interesting error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2013-03-01 01:36:45.570
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.codemodel.tree.OffsetInformationFactory.findFileNode(OffsetInformationFactory.java:348)

That hang seems to cause the Widgets to die, which causes the rest of the errors in the log.

Haven't really dug into it, will fix it tomorrow.  But another interesting find in the log:

!MESSAGE Job found still running after platform shutdown.  Jobs should be canceled by the plugin that scheduled them during shutdown: org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEWorkbenchActivityHelper$4

Please use plain text.
Developer
KermEd

[ Edited ]

For future peeps looking to troubleshoot the error,

Band-aid:

• Right click on Start and press Open Windows Explorer
  • Browse to C:\Users\%username%\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\.metadata\plugins\org.eclipse.ui.workbench
  • Rename workbench.xml to workbench.old
    • Note:  This file is causing the crash once loaded into FB.  Removing this file let me still access my old projects in the workspace.
  • Browse to C:\Users\%username%\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\.metadata\
  • Delete .lock
    • Note:  the .lock file stops Adobe Flash Builder from launching in some cases
  • Re-launch FB4.7.

If it still fails:

• Right click on Start and press Open Windows Explorer
  • Browse to C:\Users\%username%\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\
  • Rename .metadata to old.metadata
  • Relaunch FB4.7
  • For all your missing workspace projects, right click on the blank project list and use Import > General > Existing Projects into Workspace.  They should be in C:\Users\%username%\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\ by default
    • Warning:  Using this second instruction set will remove your list of projects from FB and requirea new import

For those interested, attached are logs showing the problem as well.  Including a bad workbench.xml and a good workbench.xml

Please use plain text.
Developer
KermEd

[ Edited ]

Had to do this again today.

The tell tale sign is that you launch Flash Builder 4.7, and Flash Builder 4.7 immediately closes with no indicator.

Browsing to

C:\Users\%username%\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\.metadata

You can open the file

.log

In Notepad, and see the workspace error.  It seems to randomly happen when I have open QNX workspaces in FB 4.7.  Probably an old 4.5 or 4.6 app left open.

Please use plain text.