Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

BlackBerry Development Advisor (Retired)
dmalik
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB10 WeatherGuesser sample for Flash Builder

You want to make sure captive runtime is not selected. AIR is built into the platform so it's not needed. If captive runtime is selected will add 7mb to your app size. Basically it compiles AIR into the app. The app "might" work but definitely better to not add it. 

If that's actually the captive mode you're referring to...

Follow me on Twitter: @dustinmalik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep up to date on BlackBerry development: http://devblog.blackberry.com/
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
mdd
My Device: PB
My Carrier: ATT

When I launched it the first time, FB asked if I wanted to run in captive mode because 3.4 not supported yet.  I said yes, but looking at the launch options, captive mode is not set, and the WeatherGuesser.swf is only 1.2Mb

Very confusing.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Innovatology
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

mdd wrote:

When I launched it the first time, FB asked if I wanted to run in captive mode because 3.4 not supported yet.  I said yes, but looking at the launch options, captive mode is not set, and the WeatherGuesser.swf is only 1.2Mb

Captive runtime is primarily there for Android devices. It packages the AIR runtime with your app so uses don't need to install it seperately. The app dev is given a choice: better UX but larger download & footprint.

PlayBook/ & B10 never use captive runtime, as they come with AIR pre-installed.

IOS always uses captive runtime, as it is crosscompiled to native code.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Please use plain text.