Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
chiguire
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Developer

BB10 app cannot be deleted

Hi, I ported an AIR game originally for the PlayBook to the BB10. I submitted it to the BB World and it's now live.

When I install the game in the Dev Alpha device when you press the app to uninstall it, the trash icon does not appear. I have also received reports that for other people it's not appearing a way to uninstall the application.

Am I missing any configuration for uninstallation? Is this a normal thing for BB10 apps?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: BB10 app cannot be deleted

To truly "delete" I would uninstall in using blackberry-deploy -uninstallApp <ip> <bar file> -p <password> from the command line.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/App-not-getting-deleted-from-BB1...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chiguire
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Developer

In this case I'm talking about an application that is already live on BB World. Users cannot find the uninstall icon when they press the icon long enough to delete apps.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Typically, you can do this with any user installed apps. It might be an issue with the Dev Alpha device.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
guillemmat
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Are you getting the same info from Z10 users? As jtegen suggests, this might be an issue limited to dev alpha devices.
Please use plain text.