Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

BB10 best way to create a two lists view

Hi!

I'm trying to make an app with two lists, something like a file browser. One list have folders and the other one have files.

When I tap on a folder on first list, second one is updated with files.

On playbook I show both lists, a narrow one with folders on the left and the one with files on the right, but this kind of view is not very usable on smartphone.

What do you think would be the best solution in this kind of scenario?

How would you make this two lists view?

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords
Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB10 best way to create a two lists view

Page 1 has the folders (list). Select a folder and it slides open page 2 with the files (list). An action bar along the bottom would have a back button to go back to the folders. Additional action buttons would allow actions to occur on the selected file.
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BB10 best way to create a two lists view

Thanks again  jtegen, 

That's what I was thinking about but I wasn't sure it was the BB10 way Smiley Happy

Thanks dude!

My apps for Playbook: PlayEpub Book Reader with epub and FB2 support, Google Reader, ReaditLater - Net Files Share Explorer Get access to your network shared files- FFSync Sync your Firefox bookmarks and passwords