Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Trusted Contributor
georg22
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

BB10 page transitions - what do you use?

I am currently trying to optimize page transitions for a BB10 app on DevAlpha. While i am very lucky about how fast pages are created - im am not so sure about page-transitions. Smaller animations work pretty good for all kind of controls - animating a complete page seems to be a bit heavy for AIR on the DevAlpha.

For example a detail-page with backbutton should move from right to the left on top of the current screen. This animation is recognizable under 60 fps and looks a little bit choppy. 

After playing around i ended by using following code to show the page:

this.cacheAsBitmap = true;
Tweener.addTween(this, {delay: 0.0, x:0, time:0.25, transition:"easeOutQuint", rounded:true});

The page opens really fast and the choppyness is barely recognizable.

And now my questions:

What are you using for fast page-transitions?

What is recommended by BB?

Is it possible not to use transitions at all without missing the guidlines?

What about using cacheAsBitmap all the time and the memory consumption (its actual another question)?

Currently i think its not a "huge" problem. The app is extremly responsive, because of the fast page creation - and thats more important i think. Maybe, when the first BB10 device arrives, it will have a faster CPU than the DevAlpha and the last bits of choppyness are gone. But i want to be sure of beeing able to meet the criteria...

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB10 page transitions - what do you use?

I use similar approach. At the end of the animation (onComplete), you can set cacheAsBitmap back to false.
Please use plain text.