Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
sujachristy
My Carrier: Vodafone-in

BBM share an application

Hai am trying to share my application through BBm does anyone know how to do it in Adobe air..??

I saw this link 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Adobe-AIR-Development/Invocation-Framework-share-on-BBM/m-p/2...

but thats for opening a chat and share a particular text . I need to share my app with someone on chat. 

Thanks in advance.

Developer
Developer
CMY
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBM share an application

If you mean share by sending a download link, that is currently not possible. I am working on a BBM ANE that will allow access to the BBMSP features that I should be done with someday this week. If all you're interested in is sending a download link, I can send you the code I have so far as I have that working already.
Please use plain text.
Developer
sujachristy

First of all thank you so much for your answer.Actually I need to share the download link of the app from which am initiating BBM. and the person with whom am sharing should be able to download the app from appworld. Could you provide the code when you are done with it..?? Am a bit confused with second part of your answer 'if all your interested in is having a download link' you mean just send some link using BBM but the receiving person won't be able to download from it..?? If thats what you meant then using the working code later(after BB10 release) will the receiving person able to download app using the same working code of your's..?? Sorry if am dragging this too much..
Developer
Developer
CMY

I am not done with the complete ANE that allows access to all of the features of BBM but I do have the part where you can send a download link complete. So if you're just looking to be able to send a link, then I can send you the ANE.What it does is send an invitation to download the app not an actual link. You click ok that you accept and it opens App World to the application for you to install it.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

Maybe you can post (somewhere) all the items it will do and the ones complete and tested. Personally, I can wait a few weeks since I want to make certain my apps are OK with the OS drop planned for Wednesday, get thru JAM Europe and get my apps finally approved in BBW before planning my next release, but knowing a BBM ANE is on the near horizon is really great news.
Please use plain text.
Developer
Developer
CMY

I'll post it shortly probably in a new thread. So far I have these features working:
- Registration
- App download invites
- Image loading (still working on it, as it crashes sometimes on subsequent loads)

I also have some of the contact functions working but I can't really test them all as I'm the only one with the test app installed.
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

When you get there, if you want to share the test app (BAR file) to test inter-device things, please let me know. Happy to help test.
Please use plain text.
Developer
sujachristy

Could you send me the BBM ANE please..?
Developer
Developer
CMY

A very early beta is posted on github.