Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings
Accepted Solution

BBX and AIR?

Hi,

as a developer I am concerned about the future support for Adobe AIR, mainly with BBX on the roadmap. Nothing has been mentioned of AIR support for the BBX phones. Is there any indication that AIR maybe supported after all?

Regards 

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: BBX and AIR?

Yes.

From the press release: "The BBX platform will include BBX-OS, and will support BlackBerry cloud services and development environments for both HTML5 and native developers. BBX will also support applications developed using any of the tools available today for the BlackBerry PlayBook – including Native SDK, Adobe AIR/Flash and WebWorks/HTML5, as well as the BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps – on future BBX-based tablets and smartphones."

Full text here:

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/rim-unveils-blackberry-bbx-combines-best-blackberry-qnx-prov...

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Passport (Red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

Re: BBX and AIR?

Thanks, missed that.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!