Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

New Developer
rhyshalsey
My Device: None
My Carrier: Fido
Accepted Solution

Barsigner error please help! (cskpass and csjpin must be specified)

Hello, 
I am new to the tablet development, and I am finding it to be quite a large headache with poor documentation. Anyways im at the step where I have to register with RIM with the following command line: 

blackberry-signer -register –csjpin thePassIEnteredWhenRequestingCSJ –cskpass thePassICreatedMakingCSK client-rdk-XXXXXXXXXX.csj

I then get the following error: 
barsigner error: -cskpass and -csjpin must be specified if -register is specified
All the support I could find simply states that I need to add the csjpin and cskpass to the command line, but that is already the case and I still get the above error. 
Has anyone had this before??
You help is appreciated, thank you. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
galaxyprune
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Barsigner error please help! (cskpass and csjpin must be specified)

Hi,

your command looks ok. Could it be that you did not classify the parameters "csjpin" and "cskpass" with the expected "-" (ASCII character 45) but instead used "–" (which is a Unicode 8211)? 

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Developer
rhyshalsey
My Device: None
My Carrier: Fido

OMG I was copying from word to command line so I didnt lose my line all the time in case I made a mistake and word auto corrected the lines!

Thanks a lot, should have thought of it

Please use plain text.
New Developer
Sungura
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: All

Quick question: is the csjpin actually the storepass pin because I am confused. The only time I remember putting in a pin was during the submission process.

I've got my cskpass, storepass, and deviceId but I am confused on where the csjpin is created. thanks

I make clever games!
Please use plain text.