Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: n/a

Re: BlackBerry 10 Community Port-A-Thon - Jan 11th

My frustration with Blackberry grows.

The apps are STILL not approved!!! I did what they told me, I fixed the **bleep** links to the other stores. Now I didn't even get a reason why ther were denied!

Further, the statuses for (two of) the apps is "Denied 1 Open CR(s)", but when I click the magnifying glass icon it reads "(Under Review)". This system is beyond bad, it's awful!

"We will have all app reviews completed by March 12, 2013".

Bull. Talk about talking empty words. One of my original lite apps still have the "Pending Review 1 Open CR(s)" status, just like it did before March 12.

I demand some official replies to this post! How are you treating people???

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Best to contact BB directly. This is a developer community hosted by BB. Your post will likely never be seen by a BB person.
I've had some luck in tweeting to the BB Developer Twitter account.
Contributor

So the forums on "supportforums.blackberry.com" isn't the BlackBerry community???

You've got a link to this hidden and secret BlackBerry community?

Developer

The support forums are hosted by BB, but used by 3rd party developers. The forums are not meant to be a direct conduit to BB developers. If you need direct assistance, you need to use the ticket system in the vendor portal. It seems that the BB developer Twitter account is monitored by BB and is an alternative approach. Lastly, some BB developer support people do monitor some of the sections and you can also try private message those people. Their names are typically in red.
Contributor

Aw schucks, so there is pretty much no way to get official support by BlackBerry (RIM). Since they never responded to my direct contact attempts before it seems like getting any help at all from them is like winning the lottery, after you put a hell of a lot of effort into it first.

This experience with BlackBerry has been like a bad dream and I can fully understand that they needed to buy developers with 100 bucks per app to actually get stuff to their platform. Sadly I haven't woken up yet and as long as these bloody lite apps don't get approved it seems I'm stuck in this nightmare.

I just hope that when I actually finally DO wake up I will find the 500 bucks that was promised to me on my night table. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they don't give me credit for all of the apps now that they haven't approved all of the apps yet within the March 12 deadline that they conjured up themselves all of a sudden.

I appreaciate your help though jtegen. Cheers.

Developer

Have you tried private message to those BB employees on the forums (MShom, Garrett, etc.)?
BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: RIM

Hi FunctionCaler,

Can you send me the AppIds of the applications that are still not approved?  I'd like to see what is holding these applications up and see if we can resolve the problems as quickly as possible.

Contributor

jtegen: No because I didn't know who to PM before and I didn't find out because I thought contacting support would be enough.

rhearty: Wow an actual representative in my thread! Too bad you appeard after I had given up looking here. But I'm back now, and I would love to send you the AppIds of the troublesome apps but... I can't right now, because of what brings me here today:

I can't log into my account anymore!! When I go here: https://appworld.blackberry.com/isvportal/

...I can't log in.

I press the login button and enter my credentials like many times before but get the following in Swedish: "Det här användarnamnet eller lösenordet är inte kopplat till ett giltigt BlackBerry ID. Försök igen."

It says that my user (email) or password is not attached to a valid BlackBerry ID. "Try again". I've tried several times with the same mail and password as I've logged in with a lot of times before.

So not only has it been a hassel to get my apps up on BlackBerry but now they have done something so that I can't log into my account. Bravo!

The reason I tried to log in again (because I don't do it often let me tell you, not much happens when logged in) is because FOUR days ago I FINALLY got an email saying "***BlackBerry World Notification - File Release Approved ***".

Then TWO days ago I got the following email:

--------------------------------------------------

Dear Vendor,

We tested your application and the latest release has already been approved, however the application product status is still in draft and needs to be submitted for review before the application can be put up for sale in BlackBerry World. Please action this before 24th May, failure to do so will result in the application being denied. You can resubmit it later where it will go back into the test queue.

Regards,

BlackBerry World Vetting Team

--------------------------------------------------

Alright, three things:

+ A draft was reviewed. A draft. Why the app was a draft I don't know, I didn't leave anything as a draft.
+ Again, why a DRAFT was reviewed I don't know. But I don't complain about that fact since it was apparently approved for release.
+ But if they can review and approve a DRAFT why can't they just release the **bleep** thing?

Now I have to submit the *draft* for review --which was already reviewed and approved-- so that it can be relased. That makes sense. Wait, what? BlackBerry!!!

So I camly strolled on over to the BlackBerry portal to do this fully logical task and what do I get? Login denied. And I was using the exact same e-mail that they sent me a mail to urging me to login.

Alright, so I magically got my draft app approved, which was magically made into a draft. Then, by method of strongly compressed mana, my password is no longer recognized. Or is it my mail (that they mailed to) that is not recognized? I wouldn't know, but it wouldn't surprise me!

Now I have a VERY generous *12* days left to log into BlackBerry using an account that I don't have access to anymore, for some reason. Else my app, which has already taken months to get approved, is sent to the back of the queue. Again.

12 days would maybe be a lot of time normally BUT I know since this is RIM I'm dealing with I need at least three months to get any help from anyone that can fix my account. Basically I'm screwed and just wanted to share my experience here with you nice people.

How I can be so calm, you ask me?

Well, RIM *did* actually send me the money they promised to my PayPal. That's why I'm so exceptionally cool about this. I could walk away now and at least not have been cheated out of what was promised.

BUT!!! I don't want to! I want all of my apps to be up for sale. Even if it's not particularly lucritive money-wise, after all this I want to at least have them online.

I've mailed BlackBerryAppWorldRequests@blackberry.com about my problem in hope of them fixing my access to my account. I consider they to be, yes, support. They mailed me, telling me to log in, I mailed them back. It didn't say ANYTHING in the mail about not replying to their mail so it must be a valid action by my to respond to them and expect a response in return. In fact they included a footnote about replying to the mail in case I wasn't the person it was intended for so it has to be the right mail to mail to, right?

Knowing RIM as well as I do now I'm probably expected to contact dragons@motionresearchhaxgroup.org about my problems but I am going to just go ahead and fire this arrow into the night and see if it hit its target.

Please don't let me down again BlackBerry! Help me log in!

Developer
Developer
My Device: 8130 / 8350 / 9530 / 9550 / 9850 / PlayBook

You should have also gotten an email telling you that they switch the portal login to use BlackBerry ID. So you will need to create one if you don't have one and the first time you login it will prompt you to enter your old portal id and password and link the accounts. You didn't do anything to your account to mess it up, its just not valid at the moment.
Contributor

Alright so I've gotten my account working. I clicked the "publish" link and got the message that it is up for sale now.

On my Vendor Portal/Manage Products page the app still has the status "draft" however, with a  "Send for review"-link. If I click on it the "submit for review" button is gray. :/

Furthermore, if I vist the app store in my browser I only see five of my apps up there. Not seven (six are marked as "Up For Sale", one as "Draft" but that one was also approved even though it appears not to have been).

Sigh.