Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
FunctionCaller
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: n/a

Re: BlackBerry 10 Community Port-A-Thon - Jan 11th

@Ebscer:

Thing is, there is no "schedule". I've asked for an estimate, no reply. Nothing.

I've had a lot of patience and still feel ignored, I'm happy I'm at least getting reponses in this thread but it looks like you aren't employees of RIM. So not even now I'm getting any official support. Contacting RIM is like throwing letters into a black hole.

Two of my apps have "tickets" to be approved, Created Feb 13, 2013. These have still not been approved, even though four apps created the same weekend has been approved. You'd think BlackBerry should deal with reviews from oldest-to-newest but apparently not. I doubt they have still not dealt with tickets after Feb 13, why skip these of mine? I thought the point of tickets was to get a queue number.

One of my apps with "platform QNX" and "min os 1.0.0" got approved. The lite version of the same app remained in queue for a long time and eventually didn't get approved. I had to change to "min os 2.0.0" for some reason. Why the first one got approved and not the second I have no clue.

During developent I asked about the "Min OS" and got an official answer that "1.0.0" was OK. Also I wouldn't have complained if they had changed to "2.0.0" themselves without me having to create a new ticket that god knows when it will be dealt with.

My two oldest apps in the queue (from Feb 13) have "Pending Review 2 Open CR(s)" as status, while the latest lite version I changed to 2.0.0 have "Pending Review 1 Open CR(s)". I don't know what CR(s) is supposed to be in the first place but I really don't get what it means that two of them have "2 Open CR(s)" while the latest only have "1 Open CR(s)".

There has been a lot of guessing during this time. The interface is far from clear. Questions can be asked but nobody will answer them. And apparently sometimes you'll get the wrong answer sometimes when they DO answer (about the Min OS). Either that or the reviewer incorrectly denied my app with "Min OS 1.0.0" since I had anyother approved with that exact same min OS.

It took a while to discover that my lite app was denied by the way, it had "Pending Review" as status but I had no clue anything was wrong until one day I for some reason tried clicking on the magnifying glass icon. Only then I could see that it was denied, to my surprise. I moved it to draft and changed min os to 2.0.0 and submitted it again for review. Apparently it is "Under Review" now according to the magnifying glass page, even though its status is only "Pending Review". Same for my other two apps that has been in the queue for a long time now.

Another thing, when in the Vendor Portal I can click on Download Reports and get a diagram for all purchases. I then get a very unclear diagram with dates as X and "Total sales in USD" as Y. Not "amount sold" as Y as would be most logical. Also, the numbers are very weird, one day one of my apps land on 6.75 USD. Okay??? Since I sell that app for 2.99 USD and BlackBerry takes 30% (I assume? Nobody has told me exactly) I must have sold 3.225 apps of that type that day. Good thing everything is so clear! It'll be very interesting to calculate the taxes I should pay on this, is it even possible to see what countries I've sold in?

@pyth:

So I have to read some blog every day to try and find my answers? Though still, thanks. This is the first I've heard about any actual dates. Still doesn't say anything about when actual payments are going out however.

"We will have all app reviews completed by March 12, 2013". So next Tuesday my apps are supposed to be reviewed. I will believe it when I see it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not as angry as I may sound but I am frustrated and have to vent it. Maybe someone from BlackBerry will actually read it?

As long as my apps are approved next week like they promised and I get paid as they also promised I'm happy. I just wish everything wasn't so diffuse.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FunctionCaller

A mail just dropped into my inbox (actually it arrived several hours ago but I had not seen it when I wrote my last reply)

It reads:

--

"Thank you for participating in the BlackBerry® Application Port-A-Thon. We didn’t receive a response from our first email to you. We need to confirm your payment details in order to send your rewards payment. You may have already submitted your details in another email, however we require you enter them again here.

Please go to the following link to complete your payment information: https://www.rimredemption.com/PATHREMOVED

Please anticipate payments within 4-6 weeks after confirmation.

Thank you,
The BlackBerry Prize Fulfillment Team

PS If you qualified for additional rewards, including devices and trips, you will receive emails from Touchstone with redemption instructions and details. If you have questions about BlackBerry Application Development, please contact BlackBerryDeveloperProgram@rim.com

On behalf of the BlackBerry Developer Program Team, thank you for participating."

--

It arrived from

rimredemption@milestoneintegrated.com

(through milestoneintegrated.ccsend.com)

Now, since I don't consider myself that stupid of a man I can clearly see that this is a scam mail.

HOWEVER

There's a chance that this is actually how RIM does it, considering how confusing everything else is around here.

Is this e-mail real? Are they actually sending a mail from milestoneintegrated.com and asking me to go to a fake-sounding domain called "rimredemption.com" and enter my personal details there?

RIM should already have my PayPal address, and everything else needed to send a payment to me.

This can't possibly be a real mail right?

Please use plain text.
Developer
pyth
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

1) dude, chill

2) this is just the supportforum. My guess is that over 95% of the ppl here are devs. I am. You are. Ebscer is. So this place is more like, you ask around, hey, does anyone know this, and someone who might be able to give a hint might answer

*had to do this because I felt slightly offended. but I can understand your anger, I had the same, two months ago*

3) that mail is not spam, I got the same mail, and I also got my money via paypal. If you ever participated in an event from BlackBerry, e.g. for free PlayBooks, they always do it via MileStoneIntegrated

4) when you need direct support from BB, the devblog is a good choice. Or twitter, if you can write the ppl directly (and their accounts can be found on the devblog...I bugged Lou Gazzola for weeks until he found out my problem). If it's just a generic question (how to do this or that), this forum is fine. (I also guess the admins are mostly here for cleaning up spam and moving posts)

5) you didn't sell 3.22342345 of your app, you sold as much as you can see in that stupid graphic, though that's not really helping. What you did is, you may have sold 1 unit in country A where it costs 2,99$, and 1 unit in country B where it costs 2,99€. Which is obviously more than 2,99$ (the US is not the only country in the world). because when you added your app to appworld, you didn't set a price, but a price tier. If you want to know exactly what costs how much where, there's a list at that exact place where you set the tier

6) As I said, I can understand your anger. Many of us had the same problems, in my case, I refused to continue creating apps for BB from November till now, concentrating on Android because BB treated us devs so sloppy. But like with that post with the milestone-mail, you could have just asked 'hey guys, I just got this mail, is that the correct one?' and the active users would have all just answered 'Yes.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

@FunctionCaller:
There are a lot of threads on this, but simply:
QNX 2 is for PlayBook apps
QNX 10 is for BB10 apps

You can check the version of the device you are testing on to make certain you are targetting the correct minimum OS.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
FunctionCaller

[ Edited ]

@pyth:

>chill

I'm pretty chill, you should read me when I'm not! Phew! Even wrote that I'm not as angry as I sounded.

>this is just the supportforum

I guess what confused me was the "support" in there, that's why I was expecting official support.

>that mail is not spam

Thanks, now I know. You'd think that RIM could have made this clear by, I dunno, writing it in clear view somewhere when you log in. In this spam-mail world it would be logical.

>I bugged Lou Gazzola for weeks

Are you sure it wasn't months? =P It shouldn't take that long to get help. If they are swamped with questions it's only because things are far from clear anywhere, making things obvious would reduce the number of questions greatly and actually increase support to some kind of quality level.

>a price tier

Ah, of course! That slipped my mind, thanks.

>you could have just asked 'hey guys, I just got this mail, is that the correct one?'

Which was exactly what I did, I just added some flavour at the end so that the admins or whoever is resposible might get this thought into his head: "Hm, he's right. Our system right now is confusing. What does he say that could fix it? Aha! To not send emails asking for personal details from odd domains, that's brilliant!"

The first thing any company normally tells its customers is that they will never mail and ask about passwords etc, and now I get a mail from RMI from a scam-sounding domain asking for my personal details? Right. If I actually have to be the first one to complain about this so be it.

@jtegen:

I thought I could have the game for both PlayBook and BB10, like when you export a game on Android/iOS that works on both phones and pads. I just thought  PlayBook was a pad that could be running BB10 (BlackBerry isn't really a big thing in my country so don't be surprised that I don't know this).

Still doesn't explain why one app got approved with the same settings as another got disapproved with. Guess the checker just was sloppy.

(Btw, what's up with this forum software to not support quote-blocks. It's the first thing most forums worth their salt has! I don't want to complain this much but it feels like I have to at this point, to help this company.)

Edit: Okay now I found the quote button. That was neither clear nor standard to forums.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
FunctionCaller

[ Edited ]

One of my lite apps got denied because it has a "purchase"-button leading to a web page with links with different platforms to buy it on.

The problem was that the BlackBerry platform wasn't there.

Well screw me sideways, of course it's not there yet! Since the app is not online on the BlackBerry store I don't have a bloody link to bloody link people to, now do I? The link would have been added the same day the app got approved.

What kind of brilliant reviewers are there in the pool?

Now thanks to this minor issue the **bleep** app has to be requeued for approval AGAIN.

Edit: Bleep? That was the mildest curse in the book. I hate censorship.

Edit 2: They denied the non-lite version too!!! Even though it doesn't have a purchase button and if it had been approved I could have gotten a link to it, which would be used to link those that actually press the purchase button in the lite version. This is starting to look like a paradox.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

In app purchases have to use the BBW purchase system. You can only use other purchaseing system if the purchases is unrelated to the purchase of the app (e.g. services provided to the app).
Please use plain text.
Contributor
FunctionCaller

The BlackBerryWorld purchase system is being used, all that happens when you press the purchase button is that you are taken to a Thank you page on my company site, there you press a link which opens the BBW purchase system.

It's done like that so I can gather statistics, make people aware of other apps and what other platforms they can buy it for (if they own them) and of course also to actually say thanks.

I've re-added my apps for approval now. Their status is "Denied 1 Open CR(s)" (why still Denied? Shouldn't it be "Pending Review" like it has been every other time) but when I click the magnifying glass it says "Under Review". Confusing.

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen

I can see why this got denied. At best, maybe put that after they did the in-app purchase instead of before. And BBW is not there to help you sell apps on other devices. They dont like other platforms being mentioned in BBW, so I can see why this got denied.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
FunctionCaller

I've censored the other app stores. Should be fine now. Maybe? Only time will tell. I sure hope so.

Have submitted my PayPal e-mail on https://www.rimredemption.com/

They actually had the wrong address on record for that. At least it is fixed now.

"Please anticipate payments within 4-6 weeks of receiving this information. We will make payments as quickly as possible."

Now I just have to sit tight for another six weeks wondering if everything will go okay.

Please use plain text.