Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
steve_web
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900

BlackBerry 10 DevAlpha qnx.ui.listClasses.DropDown font size

I've ported a PlayBook app to work on the BB10 DevAlpha however the drop downs I used are now too small.

https://developer.blackberry.com/air/apis/qnx/ui/listClasses/DropDown.html

I tried doubling the width and height (which worked) but the font size is still very small.

Is there a way to "scale" the entire control? or a way to set the style of the text?  I can't seem to find any.

I'll add a screenshot if I can figure out how to extract it from the device ;-)

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Re: BlackBerry 10 DevAlpha qnx.ui.listClasses.DropDown font size

The phone is about 2x the pixel density of that of the PlayBook. You will probably need to set the TextFormat for each state as well. Until BB10 API is available for both devices, it is good to have a centralized scale that can be set based on the DPI of the device that is on.
Please use plain text.
Developer
steve_web
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900

ah, ok... so this is TextFormat for the entire app... not just the specific control?

I was looking for options on the control... guess I was looking in the wrong spot. ;-)

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

Believe TextFormat for the control. The API changes some under the BB10 SDK, so it gets confusing after awhile in what one SDK can do and what another cannot.
Please use plain text.