Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Regular Contributor
longway77
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

***BlackBerry App World Notification - Product Denied ***

Hi,

my App Tilebreaker X has just been denied out of the following reasons:

- no icon after installing application, please make sure the icon size is 86x86 and included in your bar file.
- Please upload a signed copy of your application

So, here's the problem: It was already approved 2 weeks ago and it does have a 86x86 icon available and it does install correctly in the simulator, and yes, it was already signed.

Any ideas what they might have messed up? The problem here ist, that their support is unreachable most of the time, what should I do?

_______ Check out_______
my Apps:
Tilebreaker X - One of the best Tilebreaker Games available for the Playbook ;-)
Tilebreaker X Free - The free version with about 10 levels.
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

Re: I got email "***BlackBerry App World Notification - Product Denied ***"

(I'm tweaking the subject, since as originally written it can give a person a heart-attack...)

I don't know what happened there, but I'd suggest these things:

1. Double-check in the Vendor Portal that each of your releases was in fact approved, and that this isn't a case of an original (unsigned, wrong icon) being approved and them missing some later upload.

2. Double-check by extract from your .bar file that the icon is correct and that it's signed.  If you don't know how to do that you can ask, though searching will surely give multiple answers.

3. Use the Help menu item in the Vendor Portal and subject a request using the Vendor Support Form (called something like that) which is linked on the subsequent page.  They're actually pretty good about responding to those or, at least, acting on them.

4. Build another .bar, checking it twice, with a new version number, and upload it as a new release again, with a clear statement in the Release History as to what you did and why.  At least that way if it's entirely their fault and they don't respond quickly enough to the support request, you're still okay.

5. Don't worry about it... if you got the eligibility email at least you don't have to be concerned about missing the free tablet deal.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
longway77
My Carrier: None

Re: I got email "***BlackBerry App World Notification - Product Denied ***"

[ Edited ]

1. Check - Both approved, the first had been unsigned, the second signed

2. Check - Done already and everything as expected

3. Thanks for that, I've tryed via email the last time, they probably trashed them

4. Just did it and used 0.9.4, way user friendlier than the command line ;-) But you have to follow the tutorial, there's an export button that doesn't sign the release even if it says so

5. I hope so, I already entered my shippping address, but I want my game to be online from the start nevertheless

6. Thanks for your help :-)

----

Here's what they did:

Product Status	
App World SFM	Name: "Tilebreaker X"
Pending Review	Mrz 27, 2011 04:36:41	
Product Status	
Denied	Mrz 27, 2011 04:36:37	
Product Status	
Approved	Mrz 27, 2011 04:36:01	
Country Restriction Rule	
App World SFM	Available on All	Except Selected	Mrz 03, 2011 20:41:21	
Country Restriction	
App World SFM		South Korea	Mrz 03, 2011 20:41:21	
Product Status
Name: "Tilebreaker X"
Up For Sale	Feb 20, 2011 20:20:05

_______ Check out_______
my Apps:
Tilebreaker X - One of the best Tilebreaker Games available for the Playbook ;-)
Tilebreaker X Free - The free version with about 10 levels.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Dinges
My Carrier: KPN

Re: ***BlackBerry App World Notification - Product Denied ***

Hey! You're not alone! I have the same problem: My app was approved 2 days ago (received 2 e-mails saying that) and denied this morning for exactly the same reasons. My icon was indeed wrong however, but to my best knowledge, the app WAS signed.

So I guess now that we posted a new update.. we just have to wait and see..

Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: ***BlackBerry App World Notification - Product Denied ***

Make certain the blackberry-tablet.xml file is in the BAR file.

Please use plain text.