Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
galaxyprune
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Code Signing Keys Order Form - Order Creation Failed.

I have tried to request Signing keys but the order failed (no detailed error message whatsoever). So I tried to email devsupport@rim.com and ask what was wrong. This was about  2 weeks ago I I still did not receive a message from the support (only the default response that a Ticket has been created - no human response). This is really disappointing because I worked hard on my app and now I can't send it to review. Because I tried everything in the meanwhile (different browsers, OS, time) I still can't get it to work. Obviously I am doing something wrong because others have managed to get keys but I don't know what :smileysad:

Any advice what to do now?

Thanks for reading

Please use plain text.
Developer
streak81
My Device: 9930, PlayBook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: BlackBerry Code Signing Keys Order Form - Order Creation Failed.

Have you looked in your spam folder?  If for some reason you still can't find them you can always order them again.  They are free :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
galaxyprune

Hi, the issue is: I never got any keys (many retries). Always the same error message: "Order Creation Failed."

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

When the signing stuff first came out, I recall someone else having the same sort of problems.  We suggested it might have been an issue with a corporate firewall or some similar sort of filtering, and said try again from a different location.

I don't recall if he ever did, or if he found or posted about a solution, but if you go back to those initial signing threads, you may find the answer.  Sorry I can't help more. 

If you've tried different browsers, OS, time, *and* network connection (e.g. home and work) and still have the same problem, either you're definitely doing something wrong or it must be tied to your geographic location somehow (e.g. country-related problems?).  If the former, you would probably have to post more detail about what you're entering in the form, or just try again and go even more carefully to make sure you're not misinterpreting or missing anything on the form.

(Which browsers did you try, and on which OS?)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

@peter: the two "solutions" that came to mind both involved using a different ISP. one had to do it via his IPhone and another had to do it through his university's internet connection. Both included a secondary location. What i suggest you do is try via your phone if you have a data plan or even a friend's computer to see if that helps you out. something buggy is happening here but its best not to wait around for it to be fixed. remember, find a secondary location to order from. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)
My Carrier: Rogers

I was the iPhone user lol, and I had tried multiple computers (3) and multiple browsers. Don't wait for dev support. I emailed them on feb 17 fir help and they didn't get back to ne until monday (yes, a month later). Their solution? Make sure you entered the form correctly.

Another solution is to make sure the credit card you're using is able to take Pre authorization of this type. Your bank should be able to answer that for you
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

What was the case number you received when you contacted devsupport@rim.com?  I'll check on its status.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Contributor
galaxyprune

Hello Mark,

incident number is INC000022511728

I am from Germany and already approved Appworld Vendor. All I need is those signing keys to publish my App.

@Everyone who replied to my post: Thanks!

I have tried the following:

- Internet from Home and Company

- Firefox 3.6, Chrome 9.0597.58, IE 9 RC

- Payment via VISA (German Bank)

Because you guys manged to get keys, I am obviously doing something wrong. But the error message is not saying much... so I can't fix it.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks!  I'll have someone look into this and continue this offline via that case (since we'll need some information that shouldn't go in this public forum).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
Torres90
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: DiGi twitter@TylorPin

im having the same problem too. Tried different ISPs and it's still "order creation failed". The only field i left empty is the province field, since they do not have any choices for my country.

But you still can submit your app to the app world for approval and qualify for a playbook, and i suggest you submit now so your app will be on the queue, and every update on your app wouldn't affect your queue. That's what blackberry told me in the email.

Click "like" if my reply helps and click "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem!

twitter @Twopinstudio
my vendor page https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/vendor/7126/?lang=en
Please use plain text.