If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
kmitchell
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780, PlayBook 16GB, PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry Signing Tool for Tablet OS Now Live!

Thanks JRab,

It was a painful experience at the beginning. But now I understand.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

@kmitchell, in case you hadn't followed the threads closely enough, note that you've only "half-signed" the app, if those three are the only files in your META-INF folder.  You need the final "double-sign" step which will add AUTHOR.SF and AUTHOR.EC files there.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

ahh you're right peter. thats a face palm on my part :smileyindifferent: sorry about that kmitchell. good eye peter!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
kmitchell
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780, PlayBook 16GB, PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks guys, I did double sign it before I submitted it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nathanpdaniel
My Device: Not Specified

I received my CSJ file today, I tried to "Register" my app today but I get:

Capture.PNG

I know I'm putting in the proper CSJ Pin.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

hey,

the image wont show up for a few hours - a moderator has to approve it. but as for the PIN if its saying that its wrong, make sure that it is all in lowercase when you are putting it in. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nathanpdaniel

I was wondering about the image - I noticed after it was uploaded it said pending approval... 

The error just says: 

barsigner error: illegal option: -csjpin

That's all.  Hence the pin thing.  I guess that's what I get for setting a pin in the middle of the night.  I didn't even remember setting any pin at first... (slowly recalling.. :smileyvery-happy:)

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

so you are attempting the second part of the initial registration from this page:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Signing_your_application_1422721_11.jsp

blackberry-signer -register -csjpin <PIN> 
-cskpass <csk password from step 2> <CSJ_file>

i've never seen that error yet. are you entering all the paremater in the order as it is above? also try to use single quotes instead of double around your passwords. it has been found that sometimes double quotes dont do a good enough job. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nathanpdaniel

I'm actually going from Flash Builder "Burrito" - it's now built in.  

In any case, at this point, the keys should be deactivated.  I noticed in the email in which I received the file, it says if you enter the wrong key more than 5 times, the key is deactivated.

I just requested a new one and verified the key I input and will try again in a few days.  It could be a bug with the code signing tool - but, at this point I'll go with I forgot my pin...

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

ah ok thats the problem. you are attempting to register and do all the signing via the IDE (Burrito). You must use the command line. I know that it looks like you can sign via the application, but you in fact cannot. There is a bug that misleads developers into thinking its working, but it really does not. here is a thread by Elena confirming the bug:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/HOWTO-Sign-your-Applications-from...

so stick to the command line tools when you sign your application in this link:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/23959/Signing_your_application_1422721_11.jsp

make sure to follow all the steps correctly. alternatively, there are several threads on this forum that can help you through it. here is one I made that should be able to help you compile, package, and sign your application:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Useful-Tip-Package-Images-Via-Com...

also one final note, make sure your AIR App is using the lastest sdk 0.9.3 and make sure you sign with that SDK too. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--

Please use plain text.