Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid

It looks like your application wasn't signed by the RIM code signing key (RDK).  Please post the output of the following command:

blackberry-signer -verify -verbose yourFile.bar

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SaturnX
My Device: Bold 9780 / Playbook 64GB WiFi
My Carrier: Rogers

Hey Mark,

I just tried using the Blackberry Graphical Aid 2.6.6 for the first time last night and noticed an issue when trying to sign a WebWorks app using Blackberry WebWorks SDK for TabletOS 2.2.05

I can build the app WITHOUT signing with no problem. However when I select "Sign Application" I get the following Operation Output:

[INFO]      		Parsing command line options
[ERROR]     		Invalid command line parameters
bbwp version 2.2.0.5	Copyright(C) 2010 Research In Motion
			http://www.blackberry.com/developers

bbwp [drive:][path]archive [-s [dir]] [[-gcsk cskpassword -gp12 p12password | -g genpassword] [-buildId num]] [-o dir] [-d]

archive			Specifies the .zip file to compile
-s			Save source. The default behaviour is to not save the source files. If dir is specified then creates dir\src\ directory structure. If no dir specified then the path of archive is assumed
-g -gcsk -gp12		Sign the .bar file after compilation using cskpassword for long-term key and p12password for developer key, when those passwords are equal only genpassword might be used.
			If -g option is not used, both -gcsk and -gp12 have to be specified otherwise .bar will be unsigned.
-buildId		For signing specifies the build number (typically incremented from previous signing).
-o			Redirects output file location to dir. If both -o and dir are not specified then the path of archive is assumed
-d			Enable JavaScript debugging using web inspector. If signing is not specified, -d also enables the use of debug token credentials.
-v			Turn on verbose messages
-h			Display this usage information

Seems there's an issue with the command line that the Graphical Aid builds when selecting "Sign Application".

I took a look a the Source Code for BuildWebWorks.mxml and noticed the following:

if (useBuildID.selected)
{
  args.push("--buildId");
  args.push(buildID.value);
}

When selecting "Sign Application" it automatically selects "Use Build ID" and as you can see, when it builds the command line, it adds an extra dash ("-") to the "-buildId" argument.

It'd be great if we could get that fixed up so I don't have to resort to using the command line every time I want to sign my WebWorks apps.

Thanks again for all your hard work and effort!

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

This is something that changed between versions.  The BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for Tablet OS uses "-buildId", but the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for BlackBerry 10 uses "--buildId".  I'll look into supporting both.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Nate_Brignall
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Shaw

I'm having trouble adding an additional directory to my bar file... The directory shows in the "additional files" box and there are no compilation errors, however upon installing the app on my device I noticed that the app is lacking the files. Do I need to make an update or setting change?

Please use plain text.