Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
gerardkcohen
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4 for Adobe AIR does not support mobile projects.

I just updated my SDK in Burrito to 0.9.4 and when trying to switch my project I get this notification at the top.

BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4 for Adobe AIR does not support mobile projects.

I cannot save anything while 0.9.4 is selected and have to default to Flex as the SDK.

I was using 0.9.3 before with no problems.

I am sure I am missing something, any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

Re: BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4 for Adobe AIR does not support mobile projects.

What were the steps you took to change to 0.9.4?

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Developer
gerardkcohen

Re: BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK 0.9.4 for Adobe AIR does not support mobile projects.

In Burrito Preferences I changed the SDK path to the 0.9.4 directory, then for my project I attempted to switch the SDK to 0.9.4 in the Flex Compiler section of the projects properties.

Regular Contributor
phikachu

I'm having the same problem. When I originally setup my projects - I had to create mobile ones for it to work and compile in flash burrito. This was the opposite of what earlier (and older tutorials) where telling me to do (creating flex projects and targetting desktop devices) but with the blackberry sdk. And now it's all broken :smileysad:

Any ideas?

Developer
tags07
My Device: BB Style

I had to uninstall FB and reinstall it from scratch on Win7. But i was told in another topic thet there is a tricky way of upgrading from 0.9.3 to 0.9.4 thats in the Installation Guide..but i have not tried it myself.

Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Make sure the following:

Project SDK = Flex Hero SDK

Target Platform = BlackBerry Tablet OS

Whenever you change SDKs, you only need to change the target platform's directory, not the project SDK which by default should remain as Flex Hero SDK. hope that clears things up. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Contributor
yincan
My Device: Bold 9000

Thanks, Rab, so I can see three swcs are included in the build-path, just want to make sure that all the apis of tablet-os-sdk is included, right? 

Thanks.

mistermoses
My Device: PlayBook

Could someone please help me with this. I've been struggling with it for weeks. JRab's solution does not work for me. The BlackBerry swcs are not included if I choose Hero SDK. Choosing BlackBerry Tabet OS as the target platform has no effect. With the previous two tablet sdks, chosing the tablet sdk (as all tutorials I've found on the subject say to do) worked and everything was great.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
elena_laskavaia
My Device: PlayBook

There is checkbox somewhere in the project preferences to include BlackBerry libraries