Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Contributor
llbuckshotll
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry® Tablet OS SDK Beta3 Released!

Finally got it working. Just left it running for hours. Havent reset it yet and dont plan on it until i have to lol

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Zhengyi
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Will the PlayBook support PGP on release?

I have not seen anything talking about it yet and a lot of my clients are wondering about this.

If they will be able to use the Exchange Server Services with PGP like now on their phones.

If anyone knows or if a Dev could reply that would be much appreciated.

Edit: hmm maybe this was not the right place to post this.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter9477
My Device: PlayBook, Z10

@Zhengyi, as I think you've guessed, asking an unrelated question in an existing thread isn't the way to go.  If nothing else, many people will have stopped reading the thread so you won't get as many potential answers.  Start a new thread by using the New Message button on the main page for this board.

(And the short answer is nothing has been mentioned about PGP.  If you do ask a question about it, though, provide a pointer to whatever current use you're talking about so people don't have to guess.)

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Zhengyi

Thanks for the reply and I will try to remember your hints.

But with you saying: "And the short answer is nothing has been mentioned about PGP"

That does not sound good.

Will rant in another topic.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pablosbrain
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

I know future releases aren't usually commented on... but as the current simulator is quite buggy, will there be another simulator release before release March for testing?  My app is nearing completion and the current simulator makes testing very cumbersome.

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)

Rumor has it that we can expect in update in the next few weeks.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
jtegen
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10

They have never pre-announced a release and when they have, it never came (e.g. Dec 15th with signing).  So I suggest to do your best in testing in AIR (if you can) with spot checks in the simulator.  There is a good probability that an update will occur this month, but an exact date will probably not be announced and if it was, you cannot count on it just yet.  Hopefully it will get better in the future.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
jzou
My Device: Not Specified

Does SDK Beta3 work with FB Burrito? I tried to install that but the Blackberry Tablet SDK doesn't show up when I tried to create a new project. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pablosbrain
My Device: Playbook

Thanks for the response.  I'm fairly confident my app wont have any show stoppers, as i'm not really needing or using any of the playbook api's.  Just excited to get it tested and submitted.  I'll probably submit in a week or so if I can't find any obvious bugs.  The playbook is looking like a great tablet!

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab

@jzou: try following the steps in the following thread and see if that solves your problem:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Hickups-Upgrading-to-the-Beta3SDK...

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.