Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
AppStoreLover
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: other

Blackberry.com doesn't wanna build up hype for PlayBook?

[ Edited ]

How come PlayBook isn't on the front page in section one of Blackberry.com? Instead it seems to be on the last (Fourth) poster on the front page.. *scratch forehead* :mansurprised:

This product is REVOLUTIONARY and it needs to be (more) widely known!

Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Blackberry.com doesn't wanna build up hype for PlayBook?

RIM was never known to build up hype. I'm still rattled by the PlayBook announcement haha :smileyvery-happy:
J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.
Developer
willyyr
My Device: Bold 9900, DevAlpha A
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

As i recall it's been on the front page for a few days after offical announcement. I'n certain there will be another landing page for it once it get's close to release. I belive there are several marketing experts at RIM who know what they are doing. Sometimes i don't understand their tactic but i reckon they have reasons :smileyvery-happy:
Willy R.
-
If my post solved your problem, make it easier for others to find by Accepting it as a solution or provide a Kudo if it was helpful for you. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Developer
RottenOgre
My Device: PlayBook?
My Carrier: WiFi

I imagine the hype building will start to come closer to release.

No sense in hyping people up for a product they can't get for at least 3 more months.

Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I doubte RIM is in the hyping business since they create products primarly aimed at the business market.

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

How do we all get here? Isn't it because of buzz around free PlayBook? They have successfully created honey pot for coders (bzz, bzzz little coder bee - here you have free honey), it was very effective (in first three days one thousand of applications got posted).

They will buzz for customers later, we will see lot's of 'uPod killer' news in the press.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Please use plain text.
Developer
zezke
My Device: Z10 (red Limited Edition)
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings

I read one small article on Engadget and I got lucky that I didn't miss it. Where did you get your App World numbers?

-------------------------------------------
BlackBerry Certified Builder for Native Application Development -- Proud member of the Belgian BlackBerry Developer group
Samples: Park in Ghent
Feeling generous? Nominate me for BB Elite member!
Please use plain text.
Developer
gluth
My Device: 9860/PlayBook/Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Plus GSM

@zezke: I was sure that it was Q3 RIM Earning report, but after some digging it looks like error in translation. The original sentence was that there was 1000 new developers registered (or there it is incorrectly written in the page I saw it). In other page I found that 1000 new app was submitted. I'm confused now.

Found my post helpfull? Like it! It solves your trouble? Help others and accept it as solution. Search before asking.
My apps: Secret Cod3s | Should my tablet be banned?
--
Jakub Nietrzeba
PGS Software S.A.
Your reliable partner in Poland - IT Outsourcing - BlackBerry, iPhone, Web and Standalone applications
Please use plain text.