Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Trusted Contributor
PBDev
My Device: Free PlayBook

Re: Blank Screen After Splash

Yeah I just removed the sound from my application.

Contributor
a2bdev
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook

Thanks.

Developer
noahnu
My Device: Blackberry Tablet OS

[ Edited ]

I will update to 0.9.4 soon but as of now I am using 0.9.3.

Few points:

+ I have no sound in my application however I am loading images. (A large part of the application is the images)

+ I checked the manifest file and it is NOT in debug mode.

+ The splash screen shows as it should however after the splash screen the screen is blank like stated earlier. If I swipe on the bezel to bring up the running applications, my application is there except even in the preview it is blank as well.

Does anyone have any other suggestions.. This was working earlier with Flex Builder Burrito but when I moved to FlashDevelop in combination with FruitBar by studiochris I encountered this error. Could it possibly be incorrect SWC references, as I had to reference everything when I moved to FlashDevelop?

I need to solve this issue sometime this week. It's annoying.

Originally I only set the stage's visiblity after my background image loaded. Perhaps it is not loading? To see if this was the case I added an additonal stage visible = true, at the entry point to my application. This didn't solve the issue. Could it be that even though the images come later on they are still causing the issue? If so why would these images be a problem, and how would I overcome this problem?

EDIT: In the app.xml file what does SystemChrome do? Right now it is set to standard. I have tested my application with it in 'none' mode though and there was no visible difference.

From,
Noah NU
Developer
UberschallSamsara
My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

[ Edited ]

noahnu wrote:

Does anyone have any other suggestions.. This was working earlier with Flex Builder Burrito but when I moved to FlashDevelop in combination with FruitBar by studiochris I encountered this error. Could it possibly be incorrect SWC references, as I had to reference everything when I moved to FlashDevelop?

A few more suggestions:
1) Make yourself a very basic Hello World app for testing.
2) Verify that you have the correct SWC's referenced in FlashDevelop (i.e. your SDK version matches your simulator version).  I haven't used FruitBat yet but if you have to specify any SDK items there make sure they also reference the correct SDK version.
3) SSH into your simulator and see if your app's process is really running.
4) Confirm your xml file isn't setting the app to be a transparent window.
5) Go completely manual on the compilation/packaging/upload per the knowledgebase procedure for commandline development.
6) Test all compilation variations on Flash desktop to confirm basic Hello World operation.

Developer
jffurlan
My Device: PlayBook (sim)

Noah, change systemChrome to none. I'm not sure what it does but I've never heard of any setting other than "none"
- If you like my response/post, or it helped you find an answer you were looking for, please provide a Kudo - white star to the bottom right of this post. -
- Please use the search bar at the top, or check out the PlayBook FAQ's for help getting started -
- Hockey DrillBook -
New Contributor
ElMedicho
My Device: Playbook

I updated to 0.9.4 SDK and RIM simulator, deployed the same app that I was having issues with and everything is showing up okay now.