Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Adobe AIR Development

Developer
steve_web
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, PlayBook, 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Bugs in PlayBook SDK / Burrito IDE with QNXStageWebView

Hi all,

I've noticed a significant bug that crops up in the Burrito IDE (possibly others) when using the QNXStageWebView.

If you have an import for "import qnx.media.QNXStageWebView" (even if you don't use it) then you'll find that there is an odd bug that will not enable you to compile/deploy to the Playbook VM.

It forces you to save 3 times in order to "clear" bogus errors.

Open a project with the QNXStageWebView import and make the "Problems" tab the current tab. Make any change (e.g. add/remove whitespace) and save.

1st save - Error: "An internal build error has occurred.  Right-click for more information."

2nd save - Error: "1131: Classes must not be nested."

3rd save - Ok

(if you try to save again, it re-starts the loop)

Needless to say this is mucho annoying.  Any indication when this might be fixed (and if it is a Burrito IDE issue? or an SDK issue with QNXStageWebView?

Cheers,

Steve

PlayBook Apps: DataMine, Dots + Boxes, 5 Marbles
BlackBerry SmartPhone Apps: 5 Marbles Soon: **** (D.Z.A), ****Quest, **** Challenge, VaultCracker, DevBrowser, Radial****
Please use plain text.
Developer
JRab
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Bugs in PlayBook SDK / Burrito IDE with QNXStageWebView

hey,

this has been brought up a few times but we passed it off as a bug in the QNXStageWebView API. here is a thread discussing the issue:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Tablet-OS-SDK-for-Adobe-AIR/Possible-Bug-Repeate-Re-Building-...

the work around we found (as you found as well) is to make a change to the file and save it again. also if you go to Project > Clean and choose your project, it will clear up all errors as well. hope that helps. good luck!

J. Rab (Blog) (Twitter)
--
1. If you liked my post or found it useful please click on the thumbs up and provide a Like!
2. If my post solved your problem please click on the Accept as Solution button. Much appreciated!

Approved Apps: OnTrack | ssShots | Hangman
Please use plain text.